Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Mounting amp in rear area of 95 trans am, questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mounting amp in rear area of 95 trans am, questions

hey guys, i'm moving the amp from under my seat to the rear of my car, i dont have the skills nor money to buy an amp deck so i'm thinking either mounting it to the deck or the trunk cover ( i use my t tops frequently so i cant put it in there, so i'm wondering would it be ok to just drill the thing into the rear deck? i won't hit any important components will i? also where's a good place to place the ground wire? any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
Old 03-07-2010, 03:03 PM
12 Second Club

Your fuel tank sits under that rear deck, so be careful if your planning to drill in that area. There is just a little over a 1/4 of an inch space between the deck and the fuel tank. Your car being a 95, then your a little better off being that your tank is all metal, but still be careful in hat area.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Do the 95's have the flap that goes over the t=tops??
Old 08-08-2011, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't drill into the rear deck. Use some sort of strong adhesive like construction adhesive or a bunch of industrial strength/"extreme" velcro (yes, it's DAMN strong) to attach a 1/2" thick piece of PLYWOOD (NOT MDF! NOT MDF! NOT MDF! NOT MDF! NOT MDF! Screws into MDF will tear out in an accident and will NOT hold your amp securely) under the carpet there and screw the amp through the carpet into that.

Note that using this location will make your amp visible to others and more likely to get your car broken into...

Last edited by dragonrage; 08-08-2011 at 09:42 AM.