Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

SES Light on

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light on

On my 06 impala it has 62XXX miles since ive owned it ive used premium gas and mobil 1 synthetic oil. I pulled the code with my scanner and its a p0302 cylinder 2 misfire. I changed the spark plugs,wires,coil pack. I erased the code,drove the car around it seemed fine, turned it off sat for a while turned it back on i drove around the block and it comes up again along with service traction control . What else can it be?, a bad injector??? Also when im coming to a complete stop i feel the car just a little shaky..
Old 03-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its shaky when coming to a stop it might be time for new brake pads.

As for the codes...was it the same code as the first time? Did you delete it with an OBDII scanner or like a Hypertech Programmer or something similar to that? How long did you drive the car after you cleared the code?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I would swap the #2 injector to the other bank and see if the code follows. Also it wouldn't hurt to replace the bank 2 front o2 sensor. I've heard of bad o2's leading to a cylinder specific misfire code before, only once though.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by The Double S
If its shaky when coming to a stop it might be time for new brake pads.

As for the codes...was it the same code as the first time? Did you delete it with an OBDII scanner or like a Hypertech Programmer or something similar to that? How long did you drive the car after you cleared the code?
Its more like a vibration type but i can feel it in the engine compartment bcuz it does it as i let off the brake and onto accelerate as well.

It does come up as the same code and i clear it with an OBDII scanner i dont know exactly but i would say 15 miles or less, then i got home turned it off and i left it sitting for a while, turned it back on and the ses light came back, giving me the same code.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I would swap the #2 injector to the other bank and see if the code follows. Also it wouldn't hurt to replace the bank 2 front o2 sensor. I've heard of bad o2's leading to a cylinder specific misfire code before, only once though.
I c on how swaping the injector to the other bank would help me determine for a faulty injector. an o2 sensor as well could be to blame for ill look into prices in the dealer. Ive also been reading that it can be a clogged cat converter ?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 99sscmro
I c on how swaping the injector to the other bank would help me determine for a faulty injector. an o2 sensor as well could be to blame for ill look into prices in the dealer. Ive also been reading that it can be a clogged cat converter ?
You are simply swapping the injector over to the other bank to see if the code changes to P030x (depending on where you swap it). Then you'll know that the injector is indeed faulty.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
You are simply swapping the injector over to the other bank to see if the code changes to P030x (depending on where you swap it). Then you'll know that the injector is indeed faulty.
Yeah I understand that. I wonder if i have to take the damn intake off i havent really seen where the injectors are located on that car. on our f-bodys theyre a simple thing to do but i dont know on this car.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Is this a LS4 impala or a v6 one?
Old 03-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Is this a LS4 impala or a v6 one?
its a 6 cyl 3.9

Quick Reply: SES Light on