LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

advice on getting sponsors

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default advice on getting sponsors

Me and one of my roomates are seriously considering entering the ND 500 rally this summer the fees are kinda steep for a couple college kids so i would not be against wearing some stickers for parts and some gas money.

for those of you with sponsers how did you go about getting them? and any hot tips on who might want to get some good advertising this summer

the rally itself is a point to point endurance competition so basically avoid cops, breakdowns and keep fuel mileage up i figure my car is pretty ideal for the situation slightly modded but still able to keep close to 30 mpg highway although that may go down with the addition of the ported intake. also i wont have to worry about overheating or adjusting fuel for altitude or moisture. and on top of all that my car is not a cop magnet by any means common pontiac color common body.

if i enter ill be stripping the backseat and getting another kirkey seat to mount two. also considering losing some weight by seeing if a salvage in the area would pony up a trunklid to cut up the bracing in and lose some weight there. i also have the stage 1 intake and tb spacer sitting in the garage and will be redoing the intake to the tb before hand

the other competitors im assuming will be more heavily modded and therefore (in my mind) will probably get less than ideal gas mileage

any tips at all help im really pumped about it but will need some help from sponsor to make this work

Last edited by Pauls325; 03-08-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sponsers what to be seen, they will be interested in how many people will see it or what kind of media attention the rally will get. Think outside of the box, i've seen cars in rallys sponsered by companies that have nothing to do with the auto industry.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

good point i never thought about that as far as contacting them email is the best medium? or other? i know some of you guys must know! im trying to rep the ls4 crowd but need some help here!

is there a space in the forum the sponsers here look at looking for advertising space where i wont get people pissed for posting this?
Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Banned

Own a car that people know and associate with said sponsor. My friend signed me up for that one that used to be plastered on MySpace a few years ago, I drove an RX-7 and they wouldn't leave me alone about. I wasn't going to drive around the country to shows though.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i got to start somewhere though..... JP how did you get connected with those sponsers
Old 03-08-2010, 08:17 PM
Banned

Back when Fast and Furious was big, been about 5-6 years, they had little ads on MySpace and other sites like it. You clicked it and gave your info and car, I happened to be driving basically the same car Vin drove in the first one, lol.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

check to see if there are any local sponsers and remember it doesn't hurt to ask. I know when some of my friends frist started doing freestyle dirt bike and snowmobile shows they would ask pretty much any local business owners interested in the sport to donate and they would make a decal to represent the business... Start by seeing if there are any local business owners that are also gear heads. Don't try to get one big one at the start it just wont happen, look for smaller companies. After you try your local owners then start emailing places and calling them but try to keep it close to home. You will really need to work at it because you don't have a look at me car.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

ummm....how bout that big list on your right-------------------------------------->

email them tell them your on here. Tell them what your planning on doing and see what they say? Hell they might give you morethan just stickers..maybe some free stuff?