Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scanner help

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Scanner help

Ok I got some problems with an ls1 conversion. I need a scanner to help me find the problem. It looks like autotap is the cheapest at199 but then there's another one that's an upgrade for it that's 100 bucks to get "advanced parameters". What exactly is advanced parameters? I need to see all the sensors like map and maf. Do I need the standard version or upgraded? Cause if I need the upgraded for 299. If I have to spend that much wouldn't it be better to just get hptuners that I can tune and diagnose? Any help is valuble to me
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.autotap.com/AutoTapDIY/product_diy.asp
Go here and select the Overview tab. It shows two links, generic and enhanced parameters. Selecting each one takes you to a list of those parameters.
Basically, generic parameters are those shared across all OBDII vehicles. Enhanced parameters are platform specific, so you would need the GM enhanced parameters for an fbody.
Personally, I would do one of two things: Find a used version of Autotap for a discounted price, or purchase a real tuning suite. For an LS1, I would take the second choice. Owning an LT1, which is ignored by the tuning world, I was forced to take option one.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks i really appreciate it