Southern Members A regional forum for all our down South members.

G14 Gathering

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G14 Gathering

Can anyone tell me about the f-body gathering's? I found a video on you-tube of burn out's at GMMG, Is this the meeting place? If so I plan on cooking off my old nitto's.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"The Gathering" is held every year at the Marriott Hotel in Marietta, Georgia on Memorial Day weekend. it is located at I 285 and I 75. You might get away with a burn out up in front of GMMG. But if you even think about doing a burn out at "The Gathering" venue location you will be asked to leave. "The Gathering" is very laid back event and 400+ of the nicest and powerful F Body cars in the country will attend. Everybody there knows what kind of performance a F Body can can produce. There is no need for any stupid dangerous displays of reckless driving at the event. If racing and going fast and doing burn outs is your thing then "The Gathering " may not be your kind of event. It is the exception rather than the rule in cruise ins/car shows. I go every year and have a blast. I use it as a warm up to the Hot Rod Power Tour which is the first week in June. This year will be the 14th annual F Body Gathering. Most folks prefer to power drink at "The Gathering" instead of doing burnouts.... If you can be kool come and have a great time with the rest of the people who come and particapate every year.

PS I beleive it was back in 2003 that some people from "The Gathering" were killed while street racing during the "The Gathering" weekend. There is no need for any more of that type of negitive publicity for such a great event.

http://fbodygathering.com/

Last edited by slt200mph; 03-09-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Banned

Thanks for the info. I'll try to keep it between the ditch's between now and then.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slt200mph
"The Gathering" is held every year at the Marriott Hotel in Marietta, Georgia on Memorial Day weekend. it is located at I 285 and I 75. You might get away with a burn out up in front of GMMG. But if you even think about doing a burn out at "The Gathering" venue location you will be asked to leave. "The Gathering" is very laid back event and 400+ of the nicest and powerful F Body cars in the country will attend. Everybody there knows what kind of performance a F Body can can produce. There is no need for any stupid dangerous displays of reckless driving at the event. If racing and going fast and doing burn outs is your thing then "The Gathering " may not be your kind of event. It is the exception rather than the rule in cruise ins/car shows. I go every year and have a blast. I use it as a warm up to the Hot Rod Power Tour which is the first week in June. This year will be the 14th annual F Body Gathering. Most folks prefer to power drink at "The Gathering" instead of doing burnouts.... If you can be kool come and have a great time with the rest of the people who come and particapate every year.

PS I beleive it was back in 2003 that some people from "The Gathering" were killed while street racing during the "The Gathering" weekend. There is no need for any more of that type of negitive publicity for such a great event.

http://fbodygathering.com/

Preach on, brotha Steve. That was indeed G7. Very sad, and rest assurred, we haven't forgotten...Nor has Cobb County PD. Definately want to be cool.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

Sorry to here that. What happend at the event?
Old 03-16-2010, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Not "at the event"... A couple folks attending the event decided to race on the streets, with a carload of passengers.One car left the road, and 3 people died. Needless to say, jackasserry will get ya kicked out, if not your *** kicked.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Can't wait been the last 3 yrs .. wouldn't miss it for anything!
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
10 Second Club

I was on of the first people on the scene when the guys lost their lives. Actually found one of the guys on the hill covered up. Horrible experience! Poor choices had life ending results. Ever since then, we just drink and enjoy listening to Trav *** tell stories!
Old 03-17-2010, 01:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by John02SS
Ever since then, we just drink and enjoy listening to Trav *** tell stories!

Who the hell are you, and how did you get John's password?

Everyone knows the "real" JW is a reliable source of balance for others performing kegstands.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lot's of fun and very cool people to meet! Highly recommend anyone thinking of attending to come out and have a good time with everyone!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02 WS6 TA
Who the hell are you, and how did you get John's password?

Everyone knows the "real" JW is a reliable source of balance for others performing kegstands.
You have to admit, that was on of the funniest things in Gathering history though! I was so proud the next morning, that even in the grip of the Capt I have enough wit left to pull that off. Rick and I was thinking the same thing!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by John02SS
You have to admit, that was on of the funniest things in Gathering history though! I was so proud the next morning, that even in the grip of the Capt I have enough wit left to pull that off. Rick and I was thinking the same thing!

I have to agree... It may in fact rival the fabled Leedog/Elevator Slumber Party, The "Getting There Duct Tape Experience", and even the Super Glue/Atlanta Tea(bag) Party. Funnier still, Patrick is convinced to this day you didn't intentionally let him go.

For those who don't know, here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVGmMZ20iE0
Old 03-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

Gary (SLP 02 SS) and I went last year for the first time and are hooked for life I believe. We'll most likely be hauling both cars there this year! Can't wait!!!!!
It's a blast and no need for any craziness with the cars.
There's pleny enough entertainment provided by Travis and a few others in the parking lot...Though I slept through a lot of it! lol...
Old 03-29-2010, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Moia?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Resident

I registered!!!! tonight!!!

Quick Reply: G14 Gathering