Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alpine IVAw203

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alpine IVAw203

I cant get this thing turn on the dvd display when parking is engaged.

What I did was hook up 12v power when the brake pedal is engaged to yellow/black wire. (just like the manual reads). Then I hooked up the wire that sends a 12V signal for the emergency brake when engaged this is the yellow/blue wire. I followed the instructions by pressing the brake pedal turning engaging the e-brake on then off then on again and releasing the brake pedal, But I dont get no switching the DVD to the deck unit.

What did I do wrong?? Should the signal be grounded, instead of 12V?

Is there a difference between a lead and 12V source. Does lead mean that it can be grounded or positive?
Old 03-10-2010, 08:12 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The yellow/blue wire needs to go to ground when the parking brake is engaged. This is what the factory parking brake switch does so connecting the yellow/blue wire to the parking brake switch wire under the console will have the desired effect.

Note on page 73 of the manual that the diagram shows an output wire form the parking brake switch going to the chassis (ground). The switch in our cars doesn't actually have that separate wire... the switch itself is grounded to the chassis.