LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

race

Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry race

i went against some honda civic and i am ashamed of myself because he handed my *** to me. I then went against an Acura RSX type S and murdered him and also murdered a Chevy Trailblazer. I then lost against another honda civic and then a BMW 540i with a dual over head cam 4.4 v8. I was sooooo heated that night but then again all those cars had some serious work done to them especially that BMW. What can i do to my impala to compete with these guys? I want to hand that civic his ***!!
Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

learn how to drive..
Old 03-10-2010, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i cant help the fact that these hondas are running mid 13's as they claim but i do however have to work on my launch maybe get a few toys for my car
Old 03-10-2010, 03:11 AM
TECH Resident

Put some spray on that thing along with some Mickey's!!!!!

Old 03-10-2010, 03:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

actually i got about the same mods as u and have never lost to a honda and kept up with just about every car imaginable.. idk
hondas are not all rice burners.. some are real beast.. seen a couple hatches treat the shyt outta some chargers and other pretty fast cars.. but either way i would really recommend the zzp shift kit.. really made a diffrence.. and tune wouldnt hurt either..
Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 AM
TECH Resident

it doesn't take much to make certain hondas very fast but it always hurts to lose.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:18 AM
Banned

Nice kills, you need to watch out for Civics, though. I've got a friend with a '92 hatch with a B18 that ran very low 13s. He's putting in a turboed D16 (I think) supposed to be pushing 300 whp when he's done, in a 1900 lb car... He thinks it should be good for high 11s with slicks.

I suggest a car diet or spray.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Tires and practice. As an aside, I think I was in a race yesterday afternoon. Dented up 80's Trans Am GTA (automatic, probably an L98). I pulled off a traffic light at a moderate pace (50MPH zone) and he was right at my door. Weather was nice for the first time in a long while, so had the sunroof open and such. Heard valve clatter/float and a 5500 RPM or so exhaust bellow as it shifted into second. He dropped back after that and stopped short at the next light out of my line of sight. Shrug.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'd suggest a downpipe and a tune to start.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yeah i definitely have to work on my launch. when im at a traffic light i launch pretty good but when im against someone i just get so anxious that i press on the gas hard and the torque steer comes into play . as far as the mods go, where can i get a shift kit, down pipe, and a tune for a pretty good price?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i would say.. shift kit..depends.. ZZP has one for 40 bucks..pretty easy to install and i loved it..the one i got now does its job but miss ZZP's shifts.. and as far a tune i would do that last to get the full benefit of everything.and i dont have a downpipe but for the price mine as well save up for the headers..
and just a lil trick..i use .when at a light and either someone pulls up or there already there and your getting ready to launch just look straight and kinda forget their there.. focus on the light and getting the F outta there..and wen your moving then you can look in your rearview..
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks bro i appreciate it. i've been practicing at lights and i had some supra next to me. he was reving the **** out of his engine and i looked at him then back at the light and when it turned green all i saw was a dot in my rearview . as far as the shift kit is concerned, how much does it take to get one of those bad boys installed?

Search this Thread