Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Will pay to help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Will pay to help!

LOL..

Ram street strip clutch stg 3 ...3 months old..

Sitting at light...push clutch in..wont go into gear..any gear..

Drop trans..replace obvious something wrong slave with new oem slave.

put together and bleed and try again..

nothing still..

replace 98 master with new oem gm master clutch slave..

bleed again...notice squeezing sounds coming from trans....and clutch sits lower than before..doesnt throw as long as before...the one that was taken out was adjustible...we put new oem non adjustible in...

still nothing....

when cars off...goes into first like nothing...never did that before when my car was off..

when cars running ....it grinds 2nd when try to put it in gear..no other gear even grinds...

HELP....IF SOMEONE HELPS ME FIX MY CAR>>I WILL PAY YOU LOL PAYPAL..

im about to buy a Tick MC..!! lol...or drop my trans again..and check my clutch..pressure plate..and flywheel...

i did notice a high speed shutter when under load....the car would shake and studder it felt like when going excess of 100mph..so people have said it may be my flywheel is warped? its aluminum..

im running a tsp built 408...built borg warner t-56 trans...

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-10-2010, 04:11 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take the flywheel to a machine shop and have it resurfaced for 40-60$ most likely if that turns out to be an issue. Have you done any hard launches on that clutch since you put it in? How is the pedal pressure? New TO bearing? If the answer is yes to the hard launches, you may have prematurely broken your clutch in and glazed all the friction surfaces over. Does it slip under acceleration after being completely disengaged? Also, how long ago did you get the trans built? You may have a bent shift fork. Don't think that would cause a shudder effect though unless it is protruding into a different part of the trans. That clutch luckily, doesnt require an adjustable master, but they are always nice to have in order for fine tuning or just personal preference.

If the car is still driveable at this point you could try this method. ****I dont condone doing this unless you are trying to troubleshoot something like what you are experiencing.**** It is possible to shift the car without the use of a clutch. If you try and slip it into 2nd gear around 3800-4200rpms it should (with some pressure on the stick) pop right into gear. If it goes in just fine you may have a clutch problem and need a master cylinder that is adjustable to ensure its even engaging/disengaging correctly. However, you did say you only have this problem in 2nd gear. What kind of fluid are you running in that transmission? I know you dont have a proshifted t56 because you would have not even mentioned the clutch lol.

I had mine rebuilt with all new steel shift forks and viper synchros after I fused 5th gear to the mainshaft somehow. Try driving home a spec3 in 5th gear from a dead stop 3 times with open headers and turndowns rolling a 244/248 cam.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the rply!

The car is undriveable. I was meaning that when the car is off it slides into 1st like nothing. No problem. It used to be real hard and notchy to put in 1st an reverse all the time.

The shutter an vibrations were only at higher speeds at or under engine load.

Yes the clutch. Trans and synchros were all redone by borg warner about 5 months ago.

I have ner hard launched my car.

Its grinds and scratch only 2nd gear while running but doesn't go into gear. All other gears feels like a wall. With the clutch pushed all the way down.

I'm lost. I'm thinking my TO bearing broke. An my flywheel is glazed or warped. I'm goin to start to tear down and drop the trans. Its just PITA! Lol
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, take it all out. Only because at this point were just speculating at what the problem could be. Probably something silly or completely obvious that were just over analyzing. It could be the clutch plate and not the flywheel. I ran a RAM twin disc w/ aluminum flywheel in my SS with a Mcleod adjustable master. I took the trans out about a month before I sold it with the intention of putting a spec 3 in and selling the twin to recover some losses. Flywheel looked brand new and I did hard launch that car quite a bit. Let me know what you find or decide to do. It has my interests now. Subscribed.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:59 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks bro..yea im goin to dive in tomarrow....and start pulling the trans. I have so many possibilities of what can be causing this headache. Im ok with buying a new Tick MC and clutch. But do i have to? we will find out soon enough. LOL. Thanks again for the help. I will keep you posted!

Quick Reply: Will pay to help!