General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Blower Fan Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:42 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blower Fan Issue

I have a 2002 T/A, 46,000 on the Odom, nothing wired into the dash, stock radio and really no issues since taking ownership.

Having done a search I think I have an idea but I want to throw it out there.

The Fan blows strong, and varies depending on the speed that I select with the switch. Hot and Cold air blows nicely when selected. Defrost on the dash blows strong when selected.

BUT when I choose the upper vents (5 in total) I do not get any air pushing through. I know there is a vaccume block in the dash but like said, never even opened her up, just from prev exp from other cars I have worked on.

Would it be a Selector switch, or some modual??
Old 03-10-2010, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there should be a vacuum block on the back of the control head. the easiest way for you to figure it out is to start the vehicle and pull the block from the control head and see if one of the line's are pulling a vacuum? i assume it is because you have some function just not the one you want. Which leads me to believe it could be a vacuum regulator that controls a blend / mode door. i am unsure if they went to electronic blend door actuators as i have a 93 but they should be the same.

Blower Fan Issue-94794664.gif
(From an 02 T/A for reference)
Old 03-16-2010, 12:47 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the PIC, I will be tearing out the dash area and looking for I guess a possible leak. I am going to have to suck it up and get a Chilton's Manual uuughh