Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Walbro 255 issues

Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro 255 issues

I installed an inline 255 today with zero problems to start with. After driving about 10 miles home, sitting for an hour, then driving about 10 miles it started to get louder. Also then I couldn't get above 1000 rpm. I stopped and checked to make sure the pump wasn't hot and no leaks. No issues found and after sitting for a few minutes I took off with no issue. Still a bit loud but I could drive without issue. Then again 7 miles down the road it started to act up again. Loud and spitting and sputtering trying to take off. There is 5 plus gallons in the fuel cell so on empty isn't the problem.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:28 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No body has had any issues when installing a walbro 255? It seems like the pressure is too high. A buddy said that it was smoking black when taking off. Then if I turn the truck off for 30 seconds or less then it will drive just fine. Do I need to install an aftermarket fpr? I am going to test the pressure to see what it is tomorrow. Maybe that will give me some info.

Thanks if you have had any problems and would share them when running this pump.

Search this Thread