Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Custom T-Top holders and dome light

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom T-Top holders and dome light

I was wondering if anyone has made a custom T-Top holder for the backseat, or if there is anything available off the shelf that might work. We sell these padded bags at work that have a separator in them, and am going to see if they might work.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJXE6&P=ML

If anyone has made something custom, post it up! I'm looking for ideas. My trunk now houses 2 10" subs, and I dont want to dump the money on a subthump box. I'm not opposed to removing the back seat either, it never gets used anyway.

Second, my dome light keeps coming on and off on its own when I go over bumps or make sharp turns. I am thinking its the rear hatch causing this problem. I already adjusted the rear rubber bumpers, but had no luck. I'm thinking about just disabling that switch back there, does anyone know which color wires go to the switch?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by The Captain
Second, my dome light keeps coming on and off on its own when I go over bumps or make sharp turns. I am thinking its the rear hatch causing this problem. I already adjusted the rear rubber bumpers, but had no luck. I'm thinking about just disabling that switch back there, does anyone know which color wires go to the switch?
I don't think it's the pushbutton switch, otherwise you'd have a problem of the trunk popping open. It could be a mechanism inside the hatch release solenoid/actuator. Try unplugging the electrical connector from the release mechanism under the trunk carpeting and seeing if anything changes. If it still goes on/off over bumps, then it's something to do with your door lock mechanism/wiring.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Hey Captain,

Look into the third gen f-bodys with t-tops. I believe that a t-top bag came with the car when you ordered one with t-tops. It was also padded with a seperator, black leather with GM stamped into the leather and it even came with straps to tie/hook up to those metal hooks that we have on the trunk deck. See if it will work.

A buddy of mine way back in the day had a 1990 firebird with t-tops and everytime we took the t-tops off it went into the bag and strapped down to the trunk deck.

Keep us posted on what you find out. I may just do the same but I hardly hardly take off my t-tops. Too cold where I live now.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

I can get you a t-top bag if you need one most likely. From a 3rd gen.

Quick Reply: Custom T-Top holders and dome light