Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

A few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few questions!

I lowered my car at the end of last year(just before it got put up for the cold weather)
I know I need and adj. phb and relocation brackets(on order).
I also have a umi adj ta with tunnel mount(not installed yet).
I am also ordering lca's.
My 1st question is should I order double adjustable control arms or will single be fine? The car is a weekend toy with the occasional trip to the drag strip.
2nd question is I think I got the stock exhaust umi torque arm with tunnel mount. I have qtp long tubes with a tsp ory and was wondering if it will work with my exhaust?
3rd I am also trying to decide on a set of sfc's and wanted some recommendations( i.e. tubular, boxed, weld in, brand, ect)
I don't think really need the diamond ones but thats just my opinion.

Thanks for any advice!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Subframe connectors are a great mod, whether you want to drag race, carve corners, or simply eliminate squeaks and rattles. I have them on my car, but I'd recommend doing a search on this topic. Try to match you goals, needs, and budget to what has been written by other members. (lots of threads on this subject).
Old 03-11-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Addict

As far as the control arms I think single adj would be fine. My suggestion would be to get the on car adj it makes it alot easier. For the torque arm the one for stock exhaust should work fine some people have ground clearance problems with the one for longtubes
Old 03-11-2010, 07:52 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ws98ta
I lowered my car at the end of last year(just before it got put up for the cold weather)
I know I need and adj. phb and relocation brackets(on order).
I also have a umi adj ta with tunnel mount(not installed yet).
I am also ordering lca's.
My 1st question is should I order double adjustable control arms or will single be fine? The car is a weekend toy with the occasional trip to the drag strip.
2nd question is I think I got the stock exhaust umi torque arm with tunnel mount. I have qtp long tubes with a tsp ory and was wondering if it will work with my exhaust?
3rd I am also trying to decide on a set of sfc's and wanted some recommendations( i.e. tubular, boxed, weld in, brand, ect)
I don't think really need the diamond ones but thats just my opinion.

Thanks for any advice!
Hello
Thanks for choosing UMI Performance for your previous suspension parts. As far as the LCA's go I would suggest going with a set of single adjustable control arms. They will hold up great on the street as well as the track. And seeing how the poly bushing will mount to the chassis side and you will have a rod end or a roto joint on the rear end side to hold up better than a poly bushing.

And as far as the cross member goes, how old is the TSP ORY? Is it the new redesigned style. Or is there older style. Because if it is our cross member with their new style it wont work we just redesigned our cross members to work with their new style.

And if you are using the vehicle mainly for on the street. You will be fine with our 2 point SFC's. We offer both versions weld on and bolt on. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer!

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalo...d9gj659s2kpp34

Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not sure if the Y pipe is new style or not. I have had it on the car for 2 years.
If it does not fit would it be possible to exchange just the cross member?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:58 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Well seeing how you have had the TSP Y pipe on for the last 2 years it is there old style. And seeing how you have our cross member for stock exhaust unfortunately it is not going to work with that combo. You are going to need the 2203 cross member for better clearance with aftermarket Y pipes. If you can PM me your full name and I will be able to look into your info. And then I will be able to see what I can do for you!
Thanks Again
Brad