Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Quicktime Bellhousing alignment...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quicktime Bellhousing alignment...

Who out there is running one of these Bells WITHOUT going through the "alignment" process with a dial indicator. Any vibrations, trouble installing tranny, excessive transmission wear? I just received mine and I just don't how the center bore should be used to find the ultimate center or sweet spot. First of all, the bore itself does nothing to locate anything at all, It is the dowel pins (tranny and engine), pilot bearing, and input shaft that control the alignment. Second, this bore is not extremely consistent even when you sand off the powder-coating in hopes to get a more accurate reading. If I used this bore as a reference point, I can easily see how I could end up making the alignment even worse than if I just bolted the bell housing down and forgot about it. Say that you have clutch installed/aligned, and bell housing snugged down. If the tranny slips in with no fuss and bolts down straight, would you say that the alignment is good enough? Some T-56 distributors demand .005'' of total run-out in the bell housing bore in order to validate their warranty. I just want to do it right the first time... Can anybody set me straight with this alignment???
Old 03-16-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

I don't know the answer but I thought I would bump this back up to the top as I am interested in this question as well.

I have just bought a T56 Magnum (LS version) and have the Quick Time adapting bellhousing for my Ram Jet 350 engine.
I don't know if I need to worry about checking the run-out or not. When you look at Quick Time's website, they make you think that these are made with pretty tight tolerances.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Banned

I've never had an issue with any of the QT bellhousings I have sold. They make an excellent product.

Quick Reply: Quicktime Bellhousing alignment...