Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Have to wash my car in the sun, need a canopy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Have to wash my car in the sun, need a canopy

Last year we had to remove the big tree that was in the front yard since it was starting to rot. There goes all of my shade for washing the car.

My house faces south so the only time I have to wash my car is in the early morning or early evening. I'm hoping that someone has my problem and has found a solution. I need some kind of collapsible canopy or cover that is actually big enough to cast a shadow over the car. I've looked at the EZUp shelters and none of them look big enough to cast a large enough shadow.

Anyone got any ideas for me? The car is black so once the sun hits it the temp of the paint shoots up to a bajillion degrees. There's no way to keep it wet all the time to keep the water spots off it.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Just go to a car wash and hand wash it there possibly? Thats what I do, just bring a bucket, soap and a wash mitt.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Just go to a car wash and hand wash it there possibly? Thats what I do, just bring a bucket, soap and a wash mitt.
Thats what I do.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Launching!

I've done that before but I feel like such a dick. People have given me awful looks when the car wash is busy. Most of them around me even say no bucket washing.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

similar issue here, but instead of trying to dodge the heat i use it to my advantage (i also use the mr cleam thing just not their soap) with a water filter on the outside spicket it helps remove alot of the contaminents out of the water and when it does dry its free of spots (works for me anyway i know others dont like this product).

also work smart the sun can only be on one side. so wet the whole car and always start on the side that doesnt have the sunlight. that way when you get to the side with the sun you are spending less time on it. when i actually get started on my car it takes me 15 minutes or less, and i have never hand dried my car after purchasing the mr clean thingy. but it all depends on area and how hard your water is where you live.

hope this helps, but it is the curse of the black car and i have 2 of them and will have 3 when my 71 camaro is finished
Old 03-13-2010, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MiniTransAm
I've done that before but I feel like such a dick. People have given me awful looks when the car wash is busy. Most of them around me even say no bucket washing.
Hm Ive never seen any of those signs, Hope im not over looking them but oh well.. Plant another tree lol
Old 03-13-2010, 12:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

i wash late at night at a car wash (the wash it yourself kind). i bring my own sponge and soap.
they wont complain because they seriously suck, and it too late for anyone to be there
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 AM
TECH Regular

i just do it early in the morning. keeps me from sleepin in and wastin the day away lol

Quick Reply: Have to wash my car in the sun, need a canopy