Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone interested in a Cars & Coffee type of gathering here in Va Beach?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone interested in a Cars & Coffee type of gathering here in Va Beach?

CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH hosted by Shorebreak Sports Bar is a go! :beer:

WHEN: Saturday April 10th from 8am - 10am

WHERE: Shorebreak Sports Bar on Shore Dr. in Virginia Beach

See www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com for updates and directions via google maps

Event will be the first Saturday of every month.... following Saturday rain date.

-----------------------------

Posted this up on a local board as well: VaDriven - Anyone interested in a Cars & Coffee type of gathering here in Va Beach?

I've noticed that C&C type gatherings are becoming popular in places accross the country. To the best of my knowledge this started out in Long Beach, CA on PCH.... I was fortunate enough to go to one out there back in '04 when I was visiting a buddy who worked for Saleen.

We have a beach here.... and we have plenty of high end cars (not that you must have a higher end car to attend) it would seem to be a natural fit. I know typically it attracts an older crowd becuase it's a Saturday or Sunday early AM thing (would most likely need ot be Saturday for the church crowd).

Technically it should be at a place w/ a coffee shop around... I know the Starbucks by the Petsmart off the blvd by Town Center has a pretty good sized parking lot.

Only concern is that an event like this might conflict w/ Jenros/Bass pro crowd.... some might prefer to sleep in and go to the more traditional places.

Thoughts? Interest?
Also, just realized that Jenro's, where we allready hang out on Saturday afternoons is a Coffee house.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 04-02-2010 at 07:53 AM.
Old 03-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

We did something like this in atlanta, it was caffine and octane cruise ins usually at starbucks or a supporting business. usually around 7am, everybody starts showing up, hotrods, muscle cars, exoticas...its fun, and good for those attend to see other style cars
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

The thread has generated lots of interest quickly. Just as I expected this type of event will be a good fit for this area. I created www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com and will updated it once we get the details locked down.

Right now the first event will most likely be 4/10/10 and it will be off of Cypress Ave by Mary's Cafe & BadAss Coffee for the locals.

Did you guys do this once a month or every saturday AM?
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont know when ill be around but hopefully next time ill be able to bring the car down with me so i can at least make jenros and hangout with everyone. its been a few years.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Teching In

Yo I am all about this! woot!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
Staging Lane

In atlanta, during the warmer months, it was usually a biweekly thing, which was great, until you hit a month with 5 weeks in it, then threw everybody off kilter. My recommendation would be talk to the local shops, expain to them what you are trying to do, and then work off of local boards, not just f bodies, but all boards, and start at once a month. Once the interest is generated, then you can work forward. Take for instance "The Varsity" http://www.thevarsity.com/ which has been around forever, it started as a Thursday night get together, first thursday of every month. Cold/wet/raining/sunny doesn't matter. People never told one another that it was a club meet, so everybody came. On the first thursday, the first time I went out, there were over 200 cars from exotics and imports to muscle and hotrod, lifted and lowered. It was fun, and the varsity was more than happy to accomidate. Now this might not gather as much in terms of people, but if the local businesses know, they may try harder to accomidate 30-50 cars to see how big it'll grow!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I've got it on all the local boards and am well networked w/ owners of plenty of other marques. Going to start it off once a month then expand. Just wanted to post up here becuase I know ther are some local guys who mostly post here.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
11 Second Club

You forgot about us at www.HRFbody.com and www.Eastcoastdomestics.com. I can take care of HRF if you want, Mike DOES NOT OWN/RUN this site anymore, we are new and improved. ECD is anything domestic.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool... once I get it locked down 100% this weekend I'll update the website and all the threads, then feel free to spread it wherever you deem it worthy
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

CARS & COFFEE VIRGINIA BEACH hosted by Shorebreak Sports Bar is a go! :beer:

WHEN: Saturday April 10th from 8am - 10am

WHERE: Shorebreak Sports Bar on Shore Dr. in Virginia Beach

See www.carsandcoffeevirginiabeach.com for updates and directions via google maps

Event will be the first Saturday of every month.... following Saturday rain date.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a link to the official event thread on here - https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-m...ports-bar.html