Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 swap into 69 camaro help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 01:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 swap into 69 camaro help

hey guys i got a 2000 ls1 motor that is drive by cable. I didnt get the pebles so how would i go bot hooking up the cable to my gas peble are will that not work are what i got to do? if any one have any input i would be greatfully
jason
Old 03-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Staging Lane

I'm walking the same line right now. You can use a pedal assy. from the 6 cyl. cars from 1st gen Camaro's or Nova's (forget what years), or the cross-ram pedal, all made for throttle cable. Classic, Ricks and other 1st gen. suppliers carry them for around $50.

Hope this helps, I am no guru, just following other's lead!

Tom
Old 03-12-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc.
I'm walking the same line right now. You can use a pedal assy. from the 6 cyl. cars from 1st gen Camaro's or Nova's (forget what years), or the cross-ram pedal, all made for throttle cable. Classic, Ricks and other 1st gen. suppliers carry them for around $50.

Hope this helps, I am no guru, just following other's lead!

Tom
thanks an ur camaro looks bad *** man!!. would u happened to know a part number on ricks are classic web site? an the cross- ram pedal aint that the irock camaro's?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69blackwhss
thanks an ur camaro looks bad *** man!!. would u happened to know a part number on ricks are classic web site? an the cross- ram pedal aint that the irock camaro's?
Classic Industries pn 14318, $50, does not include pedal pad.

Ricks, pn PT-86, $60, complete with trim on pad
PT-95, $57, no trim on pad
Old 03-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Launching!

you could buy a new throttle pedal from lokar etc w/cable assy. thats what i have on my 69 w/ls. they look better, work better also
Old 03-12-2010, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hifi875
you could buy a new throttle pedal from lokar etc w/cable assy. thats what i have on my 69 w/ls. they look better, work better also

would u happen to have the part number for ur set up also buddy so i can check it out. thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 02:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ATAK, Inc.
Classic Industries pn 14318, $50, does not include pedal pad.

Ricks, pn PT-86, $60, complete with trim on pad
PT-95, $57, no trim on pad
what cable did u use ? an did it bolt up to the tb of the ls1 an did u have to chang ur Accessory drive any to fit the k member? one shop told me i got lucky cuz the 2000 camaro accessorys will fit with out cut the k member are goin with aftermaket brackets . the only thing that wont fit is the ac unit an i dont want that anyways. so could u let me know what u did on this problem to thanks
Old 03-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 69blackwhss
what cable did u use ? an did it bolt up to the tb of the ls1 an did u have to chang ur Accessory drive any to fit the k member? one shop told me i got lucky cuz the 2000 camaro accessorys will fit with out cut the k member are goin with aftermaket brackets . the only thing that wont fit is the ac unit an i dont want that anyways. so could u let me know what u did on this problem to thanks

I'm using a lokar cable, but it is still in the package. I still need to buy the pedal assy. I'm using a Wayne Due C4 subframe and am using the F-body oil pan without modification wit plenty of room. Also, plenty of room for the Alt., but no clue regarding A/C but it doesnt look like it will fit with the engine 1" further back. Sorry I couldn't be of any help on this.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Launching!

look on lokar web site , they have a ls1 throttle cable assy, the pedal will be separate from it. use a corvette accy/with a kwik perf a/c bracket. i used the brp mounts and notched my crossmember and put the a/c on the lower pass. side. looks alot cleaner than the kwik perf kit
Old 03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hifi875
look on lokar web site , they have a ls1 throttle cable assy, the pedal will be separate from it. use a corvette accy/with a kwik perf a/c bracket. i used the brp mounts and notched my crossmember and put the a/c on the lower pass. side. looks alot cleaner than the kwik perf kit
hey man i liked the midnite gas pebal so i think am goin to go with it an the pads for the other pedals. i had talked to brphotrod.com i belive that is who ur talkin bot (brp) he said that the 2000 ls1 camaro accys would fit my k member with out cutin an havin to get c5 bracket to work. would u know for sure bot this. i would not be usein the a/c my car is not equipped with the air ducts an the box on the firewall an really dont care for it lol i got windows.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

A/C aside, you can use camaro or corvette drive accessories with the BRP kit in a first gen F-body.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by frito1
A/C aside, you can use camaro or corvette drive accessories with the BRP kit in a first gen F-body.
what was the part number u use to do this, an what headers do u use i have hopin to use the lt headers.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

I went with the lokar midnight

Quick Reply: ls1 swap into 69 camaro help