Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Place for 5 channel amp and sub installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Place for 5 channel amp and sub installation

Looking for a place to install my 5 channel amp and sub in my T/A... and places that do good work and are fairly priced around lake mary??? just moved here from out of state this summer i have no idea besides best buy but they are overpriced and i've heard bad things...
Old 03-13-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Check out local shops prices or try and find someone who knows what they're doing to help out. If you read up on how to do it you'll be able to do it yourself or with a buddy in a few hours if you've never done stuff like this. It'll also save you some money as well, but if thats not a huge issue then like i said go to a local shop and get prices from different shops.

Also, where is Lake Mary? If you put your state maybe someone on here will chime in and maybe be able to come help you.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cfallsguy
Check out local shops prices or try and find someone who knows what they're doing to help out. If you read up on how to do it you'll be able to do it yourself or with a buddy in a few hours if you've never done stuff like this. It'll also save you some money as well, but if thats not a huge issue then like i said go to a local shop and get prices from different shops.

Also, where is Lake Mary? If you put your state maybe someone on here will chime in and maybe be able to come help you.
lol yea i thought i had put florida in there, guess not.. anyway i could do it myself, i helped my buddy install an amp and sub in his car a couple years ago so i know what needs to be done i was just hoping to find a place that could do it for cheap...
Old 03-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Teching In

i'm from the cleveland area btw.. westside, fairview park
Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Regular

Oh if you were in the area i would've helped ya out. But if you know what you're doing and have the time just do it yourself that way you know its right and help kill some time. If you're like me i enjoy installing stuff and seeing the outcome, especially when it works! ha
Old 03-13-2010, 11:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would recommend finding a reputable shop with decent prices and have them install it, you usually can avoid some headaches that way and if you use their stuff they deal with warranties instead of you if you ever have any problems. If everybody is just too high, pm me I will answer any questions you might have. I'm an installer at a shop here in SC.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TZ2884
I would recommend finding a reputable shop with decent prices and have them install it, you usually can avoid some headaches that way and if you use their stuff they deal with warranties instead of you if you ever have any problems. If everybody is just too high, pm me I will answer any questions you might have. I'm an installer at a shop here in SC.
i found a place that installed it for a very fair price, but i do have a question. i have a 5 channel amp, so im running 4 speakers and a sub off of it. the front speakers are amped (which is actually 4 counting the tweeters), and the two middle rear speakers are amped leaving the back rear speakers run off of my head unit. would you think it better to have the back rear speakers amped instead of the middle rear ones? i had this same setup in a sonoma with the stock speakers run through the front channel and two 6x9's run through the rear channel; it had a really good full sound to it. but now im really not getting the mid-bass notes out of my speakers that i had hoped for. the guy i bought the car from told me he installed new infinity speakers all the way around the car but i havent pulled any paneling to look. i do still have my 6x9's from the sonoma to use if i think they are better quality than whats presently in the car (kenwood 5 ways; were 180 for the pair)... any suggestions?