Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice ? Flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice ? Flowmaster

Hey I was thinking after my wife was talking to me lol She was asking me what will our Z28 sound like of we swap from a MAC catback to a Flowmster catback I dont have headers or y yet but do plan on doing longtubes and off road y over the summer. I was really wanting a slp or tsp rumbler but i dont want the hassle here cause the cops dont see a muffler. i am just looking for some advice thanks
Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the flowmaster catback with an electric cutout. In my opinion, its too quiet so the cutout does the trick. I am actually thinking about switching catbacks because I would like something that sounds good when the cutout is closed. I really dont like the sound of the flowmaster.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

OP-Do you have the MAC catback? How do you like it?
Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Staging Lane

I do like it alot. I just want to put different tips on it. I think the tips I got with mine are resonated like when you look in them looks like little baffles in them sort of like a fart can muffler but it has a good deep strong tone to it I just want to try some other tips first. She just loves the flowmaster sound we have had 5 fox bodys so we had flowmaster and mac catbacks on them but i want to keep the mac on there and do the long tubes and y pipe shopuld be even louder and deeper. I did see one dyno result of a Mac catback of 15 hp so it does flow pretty good. Sorry to anwser you yes I like it alot. lol
Old 03-13-2010, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Typically the Mustangs use a Flowmaster 40 and the Camaros are stuck with the Flowmaster 80...sound different... A cutout option is good, so you can turn it off and on...
Old 03-13-2010, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I used to have a Flowmaster with LTs and ORY. It actually sounded pretty sweet. Lemme find a vid

Here ya go. Kinda shitty but its all I have of my old setup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspTIhJs3L0