Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need your help!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need your help!!

I read the sticky about how to unlock the monsoon radio for my 02 SS. Unfortunately for me.... It wont work! I just bought the car and the lock has been on since.

I press 2 & 3 and get the first 3 digits of the code.. Then it tells me to press the am/fm button. And nothing! I tried pressing it, holding it down for 10 seconds, 30 seconds, a minute..... and then even 2! What am I doing wrong here? I "pressed" the am-fm button and got nothing!

Heres my radio (IDK if theres different ones... This is just a pic I found)

I'm pressing the button under the "eject" button... "AM-FM"!!!

Any help would be appreciated! LOL!
Old 03-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It's possible that the second set of three numbers is the same as the first set. That would make it seem like nothing happens when you press the AM-FM button. I would try calling the toll-free number and entering those numbers to see if it gives you a valid unlock code.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM

Yeah its a hassle but I call the number and see what happens. Also either make sure you write down the code in a good spot or change it to something you will remember. Ive had to call them 3 times because I kept losing the code, so finally I changed it.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:13 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Nobody wants to steal an old Delco/Monsoon head unit. And even if they did, they would only have to use the same process to unlock it. So, once you get it unlocked, follow the instructions to disable the TheftLock code altogether.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Nobody wants to steal an old Delco/Monsoon head unit. And even if they did, they would only have to use the same process to unlock it. So, once you get it unlocked, follow the instructions to disable the TheftLock code altogether.
I didnt even know that was an option...

Does anyone remember if the HU came with a sticker on it with the code when you bought the car brand new? I seem to remember leaving the sticker on the HU until it fell off or I knocked it off cleaning.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I press the 2 and 3 buttons and come up with "122"... Then I release from the 2 and 3 buttons.. And hold the AM/FM button.. And nothing happens.

Are all the unlock codes the same?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 AM

so you can get the first three numbers but the second set wont show up? You dont have to hold the am/pm button I think you just press and let go and the next 3 numbers should show up.