What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 SS M6 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 SS M6 convertible

Hello,

I'm thinking about selling my car and I'm wondering what the ballpark value might be. I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback. Also, how is the market for this type of vehicle in today's economy?

-2001 SS with Center Mount Exhaust, Hurst shifter, 'ram' air (can't remember what else offhand, if anything from SLP)
-Red with black leather interior
-6 spd manual
-very good condition, mostly garage stored (and hardly driven for the last year)
-~80,000 miles

Thanks for any help!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

The miles are about average for the year and you have no 'winter' conditions to detract from the car so there is no reason not to be able to get KBB 'private party' value for it. Not sure if a Camaro SS 'vert would cost more in your sunny area of the country but I believe you should be in the $10,000 - $12,000 neighborhood provided your description is accurate, no repairs are needed, and a clear title. Spring is always a good time to sell a 'vert even though it may not matter much in AZ. The economy is tough everywhere and loans are difficult to come by for many but car sales happen every day. If you get the right buyer then things will work out, unless they have an abysmal credit rating. Good luck if you sell!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:26 AM
Teching In

Thanks NC01TA, I appreciate the help! I checked Edmunds for value, but they didn't even list the SS and the Z28 value was less than half of what you indicate. I will check KBB.

There are a few repairs needed and I'm putting the stock SLP exhaust back on as well, but it's going in this morning to have those things done. Title is clear too. Aside from the exhaust, it has a couple of minor mods such as a short stick (shifter), skip shift eliminator, and SLP lid. Would it be best to remove those before selling? I assume so...
Old 03-16-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Stock is always best because you don't eliminate buyers that hate mods (and won't buy a modded car) and it lets people that love mods to do their 'own thing'. Your mods don't sound bad though and I doubt it would kill a deal. Getting repairs done is a key selling point, and definitely show that receipt to any potential buyer. Nothing like a 'clean bill of health' to prospective buyers. Smart move!

** Edmonds doesn't make sense if they say the car is worth 'half'. Even KBB is off at times but it is close usually on 'average' miles cars which yours is. Don't forget to click the 'SS' box on options. It only gives the Z28 convertible listing, then you proceed to the next page for 'options'.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:51 PM
Teching In

I found the KBB value for the SS version; thanks again for the help!