Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New guy with some pics

Old 03-15-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy with some pics

Been lurking on this site for about a year now, finally decided to register. I have an 04 V (actually just got it back from the shop about a week ago). Ice, ditch + 3 trees = $11,000 bill to Geico.

Anyway, here is my car. Before during and after wreck.

After a good detail yesterday.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

coat those wheels black...
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Teching In

Welcome! You know there are three of us with V's within about 10 miles of each other. Sorry about the tree - hope ya'll were OK. The grilles look good though!
Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 PM
10 Second Club

nice and welcome!
Old 03-15-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kipper
Welcome! You know there are three of us with V's within about 10 miles of each other. Sorry about the tree - hope ya'll were OK. The grilles look good though!
I work in Athens (USAuto Sales), are one of the 3 black with blacked out taillights? I have seen that one on my way to work a few days ago.

I was fine, only going 30 when it happened. Thankfully it was all cosmetic damage, no frame or mechanical damage!!!

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
coat those wheels black...
Next on the todo list
Old 03-15-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Nice, clean V. Glad you got her up and running again.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:18 AM

Looks Great!!

A black V with the black grills, and the Caddy emblem jumping out at you... is such a sharp look!!!

Personally, I wouldn't do the rims... they stand off the car nicely in silver. (Not sure why that is all the craze these days??) Doing them in black would be just to much black for me... look like a cop car caddy. LOL

Like the tinted tails and turns!! What did you use on the turns?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:19 AM
TECH Regular

Welcome. I love thoes cars.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Rabbit15
I work in Athens (USAuto Sales), are one of the 3 black with blacked out taillights? I have seen that one on my way to work a few days ago.

Next on the todo list
We have passed each other a few times, yea, mine is black with black tails (done about a month ago) and chrome stock rims. I work over at ARMC. The others is a buddy of mine, his is silver and lowered (with no spacers) so it looks like a bit of a drag car. Did you work for UPS in the past? If not then there are 4 in town.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by manycars
Looks Great!!

A black V with the black grills, and the Caddy emblem jumping out at you... is such a sharp look!!!

Personally, I wouldn't do the rims... they stand off the car nicely in silver. (Not sure why that is all the craze these days??) Doing them in black would be just to much black for me... look like a cop car caddy. LOL

Like the tinted tails and turns!! What did you use on the turns?
VHT Nite shades and clear coat

Originally Posted by Kipper
We have passed each other a few times, yea, mine is black with black tails (done about a month ago) and chrome stock rims. I work over at ARMC. The others is a buddy of mine, his is silver and lowered (with no spacers) so it looks like a bit of a drag car. Did you work for UPS in the past? If not then there are 4 in town.
Ah, so that was you I have seen, I have sold a lot of cars to people that work at the Hospital. I never worked for UPS, 4 in athens suprising. I haven't seen anyothers besides yours yet.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM

VHT Nite shades and clear coat
Did you replace them with clear lens first? Can you see the turn indicator in the daytime OK? What bulb did you use in them?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:18 PM

Did you replace them with clear lens first? Can you see the turn indicator in the daytime OK? What bulb did you use in them?
Nope, 3 coats VHT, 4 coats clear over factory lenses. Factory bulbs, if the sun hits them just right very hard to see. Had them this way for about 9 months now and noone has come flying up from behind and slammed their brakes (i keep an eye on my rearview when stopped, just in case). Realistically, 2 coats VHT would be best, 3 is almost too dark.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:20 PM

Nope, 3 coats VHT, 4 coats clear over factory lenses. Factory bulbs, if the sun hits them just right very hard to see. Had them this way for about 9 months now and noone has come flying up from behind and slammed their brakes (i keep an eye on my rearview when stopped, just in case). Realistically, 2 coats VHT would be best, 3 is almost too dark.
How about the front turn signals... can you see them OK in the daylight?

Have a redline, and am going to leave the rears alone, they blend in nice as they are, but I am thinking I want to smoke my turns and side markers. That should look pretty cool against the red.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 AM

How about the front turn signals... can you see them OK in the daylight?

Have a redline, and am going to leave the rears alone, they blend in nice as they are, but I am thinking I want to smoke my turns and side markers. That should look pretty cool against the red.
Yeah, clear as a bell. The front DRL's are so bright they shine through fine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New guy with some pics