Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!

Really not sure where this should go, so if there is a better place for it then mods please feel free to move it. Anyway, it won't be for a while, but I am thinking of eventually getting a wolfe racecraft roll bar and would like to keep my rear seats usable if possible. As amazing as it may be, I actually use them I know the cross bar behind the front seat can present a challenge, but I was wondering if somebody (less than 6 ft tall of course, not a giant) can still sit back there without hitting their head against the rear bars? I've never seen one in person but in pics the clearance looks like it might be a tad close.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The center bar is the one that's a problem. I am 5"9" and its a PITA to try and get into the back seat. You might as well take them out cause anyone you ask to sit back there will only do it once.

I have a Wolfe 6 point BTW

-Mike
Old 03-15-2010, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here's mine:

I have a simple 4-point set up, without the cross-bar. I know my car isn't NHRA legal, but it works for me on the street. I can recline the front seats all the way back, and access to the back seat is not hampered.

I didn't want the bars going through the speaker grills so I purchased a set of sail panels for an earlier model f-body (without the mutliple speaker option). I relocated the factory speakers to the rear of the new panels, and installed a set of grills that I found on E-Bay for $4.00.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Resident

Hey thanks for the responses. Zig Zag, I like your idea with the earlier model sail panels! It looks a hell of a lot cleaner than through the speaker grills. Now I just have one other question and that is if you have the type that hooks in on the deck behind the rear seats rather than through the interior panels is the same thing still true that only the harness bar is the issue? I'm just wondering because I notice on the ones that go through the interior panels the bars slant outwards instead of going straight back.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by nighthawk15
Hey thanks for the responses. Zig Zag, I like your idea with the earlier model sail panels! It looks a hell of a lot cleaner than through the speaker grills. Now I just have one other question and that is if you have the type that hooks in on the deck behind the rear seats rather than through the interior panels is the same thing still true that only the harness bar is the issue? I'm just wondering because I notice on the ones that go through the interior panels the bars slant outwards instead of going straight back.
I am 5' 11'' and I can sit in my rear seat, but the apex of the rear bar sits right next to side of my head. If you had straight bars that tie into the rear deck then I do not believe an adult could sit in the back seat. Small kids are different story, but you'd probably want plenty of padding on the bars.

As far as the crossbar on the main hoop is concerned, you have 3 choices from Wolfe. #1 Welded in crossbar (renders the back seat useless), #2 Removable crossbar (not positive, but pretty sure it isn't NHRA legal), Also I am not sure if you can fully recline the front seats with the removable cross bar option, #3 no cross bar (definately against NHRA rules, but the back seat is accessable).

There are other companies other than Wolfe that make roll bars for F-Bodys. I have seen some where the rear bars that come off of the main hoop tie into the front of the rear wheel wells (and go through the area near the rear passenger compartment arm rests).

Hope this helps.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's pretty dangerous to try and still have rear passengers even if you don't have a harness hoop.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

this is mine. I sure don,t see anybody riding back there. You would almoet have to go through the hatch to get in there anyway.
Attached Thumbnails Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!-ride-005.jpg   Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!-ride-003.jpg   Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!-ride-004.jpg  
Old 03-21-2010, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

here is a discussion from the Drag Racing Section about using a backseat with a 6 point

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...back-seat.html
Old 03-26-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Resident

Alright, thanks a lot for all the info and pics I know I am going to need a roll bar eventually and if it makes the back seat useless I will still do it, but I was more just wanting to know if its possible to have the rear seat functional. Looks like it kind of is, but barely, lol. And definitely not the safest.

Last edited by nighthawk15; 03-26-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nighthawk15
Alright, thanks a lot for all the info and pics I know I am going to need a roll bar eventually and if it makes the back seat useless I will still do it, but I was more just wanting to know if its possible to have the rear seat functional. Looks like it kind of is, but barely, lol. And definitely not the safest.
you can do it. im 6 foot 5 and fit in the back seat on a couple of occasions. it is very dangerous however, even over small bumps and paying full attention you will still hit your head. if you EVER have anyone ride back there i would make them wear a helmet because a big bump could knock them out.

even if they were wearing a helmet in a serious crash i think they would still suffer life threatining head injuries.

yes the back seat is still definitely usable for anyone who is still "athletic" however i would not recommend it

Attached Thumbnails Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!-dsc00202.jpg  

Last edited by chrysler kid; 03-26-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:27 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah that definitely doesn't sound safe in the least. I may just take my back seat out when that time comes.

Quick Reply: Guys with wolfe roll bars and rear seats, come in!