Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LsX Mustang Guys with DYNATECH headers come in here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LsX Mustang Guys with DYNATECH headers come in here!

Any of you have fitment issues with your dynatechs?
I'm having some major problems. I've been in contact with dynatech and they are trying to figure out what the problem is. Said they've never heard/seen this problem before.

Its almost as if my motor is shifted to far over to the drivers side, but the mounts are all the way to the passenger side
Old 03-16-2010, 02:14 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your motor definatly seems shifted to the pass. side . how's the gap between the headers and the pass. side framerail?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I think it NEEDS to shift to the passengers side. Its to far over to the drivers side. But its as far to the passengers side as the motor mounts will allow.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Teching In

Check your k member, could be shifted to the left. Also check your eng mounts. I do know those headers were made for the AJE k-member.

Chris
Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Teching In

Keep us informed. I was going to buy a set myself. If its the headers I'll buy a set of Kooks.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The k-member only adjust front to back, not side to side. There is no way that I can slide the motor anymore to the passengers side. I've talked with dynatech and they are looking into the situation. They have a fox body coming into their shop today and are going to look over everything. Told me to give them a call back tomorrow and discuss their findings.

Also dynatech told me these headers were designed to work with the stock steering shaft. The stock shaft has a knuckle right where the far primary is, so if thats the case, something is really wrong somewhere.

I've had someone tell me that you can loosen the steering column and it will slide side to side, but in my mustang I was not able to do this. Dynatech also asked if I could do this. Not sure if it was just my year model or not, but I get no adjustment when I loosen the column.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:36 AM
Teching In

I have a 92 as well. I'll check mine tonight and let you know what I find.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, great.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, called dynatech yesterday and they have yet to get the car into their shop. The guy I was talking to is out of the office till monday. So i'll be waiting till monday to get any answers.

i know plenty of you on this site have used these headers!! Let me know how they worked for you.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man i had a friend that put his AJE mounts on wrong and his headers wouldn't fit maybe look at that.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sure they're right on mine. I even went over it with the Dynatech tech I talked to.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Stole this pic from djquik88, but this is exactly how mine mounts are bolted on.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got off the phone with the engineer over at dynatech that designed these headers.
He said these headers where designed on an sn-95, but he's sold 28 pair's of these headers and mine's the first one he's had someone call about. He is working with me, and promised we will get things figured out. Hows that for customer service!!

I'll keep you guys updated as I get more information.

And please! Any of you that have these dynatech headers on a fox, please let me know and post up pictures of how they fit.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlackTA96
Just got off the phone with the engineer over at dynatech that designed these headers.
He said these headers where designed on an sn-95, but he's sold 28 pair's of these headers and mine's the first one he's had someone call about. He is working with me, and promised we will get things figured out. Hows that for customer service!!

I'll keep you guys updated as I get more information.

And please! Any of you that have these dynatech headers on a fox, please let me know and post up pictures of how they fit.
Thanks
Well you have me concerned. I don't want to buy these to find I have to spend more money later to make them work. But I have a timeline ,and if this kills it I'm not going to be happy. If you had the flaming river steering shaft you think they'd clear?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I mentioned this to aje about this 3 months ago.

My shaft fits but just barely

The #7 primary needs to go toward the motor 1" and the fitment problem would go away. or take it out and around the shaft.

The guys at Dynatech feel free to call me 269-317-4701 for suggestions on the collectors

Tim
Old 03-21-2010, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

I had issues with the steering shaft hitting the header. The steering column collapses for accident collision reasons. If the steering shaft knuckle hits you can move it back towards the firewall by collapsing the collumn. I ordered a 2 inch longer shaft from flaming river.

Other thought is that your car was in an accident and was fixed but the whole front end is still out some. you may be able to elongate the Kmember bolt holes and compensate..
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS88FoxBody
Well you have me concerned. I don't want to buy these to find I have to spend more money later to make them work. But I have a timeline ,and if this kills it I'm not going to be happy. If you had the flaming river steering shaft you think they'd clear?
The flaming river shaft wont help my situation. The column is pointed right at the #7 primary.

Originally Posted by Gray86hatch
I mentioned this to aje about this 3 months ago.

My shaft fits but just barely

The #7 primary needs to go toward the motor 1" and the fitment problem would go away. or take it out and around the shaft.

The guys at Dynatech feel free to call me 269-317-4701 for suggestions on the collectors

Tim
I'll be giving you a call here shortly. I finally figured out what you meant by moving the column side to side. Only thing is that, yes it moves, but it doesn't stay there.

Originally Posted by 72Elkytpi
I had issues with the steering shaft hitting the header. The steering column collapses for accident collision reasons. If the steering shaft knuckle hits you can move it back towards the firewall by collapsing the collumn. I ordered a 2 inch longer shaft from flaming river.

Other thought is that your car was in an accident and was fixed but the whole front end is still out some. you may be able to elongate the Kmember bolt holes and compensate..
Not sure that will work in my situation either being as the column is pointer at the primary. And the car looks good, no kinks or bends anywhere that would show it was wrecked.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got done talking with tim.
I did get my shaft moved over and am now in the same predicament as he is. It doesn't quite fit, but if I had the flaming river steering shaft It give it a little more clearance.
I'm going to give Dynatech another call in the morning and see if they will move the #7 about an inch closer to the block.
I'll keep yall updated.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i just installed my dynatech headers and i'm havin the same problems you are .. steering shaft and the driverside header is going straight to the trans mount ..no way an exhaust can be run the way it is ....didnt geta chance toread all this .. did dynatech make it right for you ?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just cut the collector shorter and connect the exhaust.

Tim

Quick Reply: LsX Mustang Guys with DYNATECH headers come in here!