Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Tinting, tinting, tinting..

Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinting, tinting, tinting..

Hello guys. I have a couple of questions for you about tinting.

I would like to get the ENTIRE windshield tinted (dont know how dark) due to me seeing some in clubs where their car makes for PERFECT pictures and also less pain to drive into the sun. What number should I go with?

I know they are illegal. But I have the law on my side on this one lol. But no, seriously, what would be the best overal tinting number to go with on a white camaro ss for the windshield. My mind is made up, I am doing it. SO if you are just coming in to **** on my dreams, use the toilet to **** guys.

Also, what tinting number should I use on the windows and backglass? I dont mind going as dark as possible. MY 01 SS had almost LIMO tints but that was a BIT too much. Something really dark but not something if you are driving at night with no street lights on, you cant see anything. Because we ALL know camaro interior lighting stinks lol

Any help, maybe pictures would be GREAT. I stand behind my words for years with you guys. You are the best website bar none!

I am located in Suffolk COunty. Any places you can recommend (p.s. suffolk is in Long Island New York incase you didnt know lol)
Old 03-16-2010, 02:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

35% on the windshield.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

something many dont consider with tint, is that it works as a system. a lot of light in one window, makes the others lighter, and vice-versa. so yu have to consider what you are doing with everything: side windows,, hatch, windshield, and t-tops (unless you have a hard top).

right now, i have 5% on the hatch, shades in t-tops (so no light can come in), and 15% on the sides. which looks great. you cant seen in any window except the windshield. but, with the setup i would NOT add windshield on top. that would be way too dark, IMO.

if you look up 97ramsst's car, you can see how much everything works together, he has 35% all the way around (hatch, sides, and winshield- unsure of t-tops) and it looks just as dark as mine in his pics. because the windshield tint helps darken everything else.

if you drive a lot at night, the 5% on the hatch can get irritating. you can hardly see anything when you have to back up. but you can live with it. i've had it on both cars for 4 years. but i dislike it more and more everytime i drve another car without tint at night... feels great to be able to see out good.

next time i retint, i'll probably do 15-20% on the hatch and sides, t-top shades, and 35% hatch. you will not be able to see through at all, and it will have a pretty even tone all the way around.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

5% on back, 15-20% on sides, and 35% on windshield
Old 03-16-2010, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its all individual. I ran 5% on sides and rear and loved it. It did take some getting used to, but its not that bad. A few months ago I got pulled over for it and the cop ripped the tint of the window. After talking with the guys at the tint shop, I decided to go with 20% on the sides bc they were saying they have seen tickets reach $500 if the cop is being a dick.
That being said, the 20% looks dark from a distance, but you can still see through it, and driving the car...seems like there is barely any tint on the sides anymore. I'm sure it would seem darker if I had the front tinted, but I would definately get pulled over with that.
My uncle has 35% on his windshield and it looks good (I believe he did 35% all around), but I'd go darker on the sides and back if it were me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tinting, tinting, tinting..