Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Budget Sound

Old 03-16-2010, 01:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Sound

I haven't dealt with sound in awhile. My sails went out (foam went to crap) and now I need new 6.5" subs, that being said...

How can I keep the Monsoon HU , upgrade my sail panels, and maybe add an amp to it?

I have Kenwood Excelon components in the doors and rears. The only thing stock was the sails, but now that they're out, can I up the power a little to them, and then get a new head unit later? I'm doing a LT header install in a couple weeks, but I also have to drive 16HOURS to do it, so I need sound, not the best, but sure as hell not the way it is right now.

Anyone have an opinion on Lanzar 6.5" subs, or some of the cheaper amps?

Stock subs wouldn't hurt, but I do want something better, but not expensive.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Peerless SLS 6.5" with 100-150w/channel

WAY better than the Bazooka crap that some people here run, and also way better than Lanzar. They'll be better both in sound quality and output capability.

They're 4 ohms so they're not ideal for the Monsoon amp (they'll work though) but if you're going for aftermarket sail panel subwoofers and amplifier, there's no other choice IMO.

Search this Thread