Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

full bolton LS2 A4 finally found traction

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default full bolton LS2 A4 finally found traction

I finally found the golden combo to get traction- COMPLETE HOOK!- with my A4. Here's my current power mods: Kooks LT w/cats, SpinTech catback, vavaram, custom tune, 75% TM removed trans ECU.

The above combo worked pretty well, except that I had to feather first and the 1-2 shift ALWAYS blew off my Potenza RE-01R 245/45/17's. Sound familiar? After 2 damned close losses where the missing traction would have pulled out a win I had had enough.

Tires ordered: 265/40/17 Dunlop Star Spec's (tires are bigger than most 275/40/17's. See this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...o-17-riim.html).

Then after realizing the saggin stock rear springs were causing me to rub the fenders I ante'd up the dough and had Speed Secrets of Snohomish, WA go to work: he installed my Pedders zero drop drag springs w/drag bags and my Lovells inner bushings, along with rolling the fender flanges just in case. $460 of labor later and I couldn't be happier! 3 different road surfaces, including a notorious bad traction road that we occasionally use for nefarious late nite meetups. and...

NO SPIN WHATSOVER in first! The 1-2 shift spins for a split second and grabs HARD! Even with no pressure in the bags. Even with fully loading up the tires before launching (powerbraking to edge of traction) and then releasing the brake and going WOT. WoW this car friggin moves out now!! I have no doubt whatsoever I just knocked off .2-.3 tenths of my 60' times. Damn... !! It launches hard enough that I'm thinking my axles and drive shaft are gonna have to get upgraded soon.

Mods coming soon: installing my cam and converter, along with my soon to be purchased LS3 heads. But for now? Hell yeah, I got a grin that isn't going away soon! Thanks for reading!
Old 03-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: just smoked both a new Saleen and a SRT8 Charge in a 3 way stoplight battle: put multiple cars on the SRT8 and 1 car on the Saleen through first gear! And the Mustang left early, too.

Quick Reply: full bolton LS2 A4 finally found traction