Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro to Firebird Door Panels Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camaro to Firebird Door Panels Question

So, I searched around on tech. I can not find anything I was looking for. I know a new tab has to be worked around for the Firebird door panel. But my main question is, does anybody have a website as to rewire the mirror panels? Cause, I bought the switch panels as well and I heard that you need to rewire the mirrors into the panel. Any websites on how to do this or anything? Searching on tech really didn't answer any of my questions except for that I need to cut a tab or something.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Umm sounds like u got some bad intell bro. It should be plug n play for power windows n mirrors
Old 03-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Iyyob
Umm sounds like u got some bad intell bro. It should be plug n play for power windows n mirrors

Nope, I have to splice in the wires into the Power window switch Since I'm switching out the interior. Apparently it's pretty easy but still, Not plug and play from a 1994 Formula to a 1994 Camaro.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

weird .... i have a 95 camaro .... and 01 TA door panels .....
Old 03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea u do have to splice for the power mirrors. i tried doin it on my car, but it didnt work out. if u wire it up by color, it still works, but not right. there is a wiring diagram someone told me about, but it was so long ago, i forgot what it was.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could do what I did, I used the original camaro mirror switch, no wiring problems at all!

Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by McNord@6LE
You could do what I did, I used the original camaro mirror switch, no wiring problems at all!

That's sexy, any write ups on it?
Old 03-19-2010, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not realy, I just used a set of scheres & cut up my camaro switch plate, used a file to get it to fit nicely into the Trans Am plate, glued it into place (used a lot of glue) & threw some body filler at it. Then I sanded, primed & textured it with a textured spray paint & then painted the black on top. It uses the stock mounting sleeve on the bottom from the camaro so the original switch just snaps into place like it did on the camaro plate. I went this direction because I didn't like the look of the TA switch, it was a little too big & bulky, that & I SUCK at anything that requires wiring lol.

Quick Reply: Camaro to Firebird Door Panels Question