Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Changing the face, not entire raido??

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Changing the face, not entire raido??

im kind of a noob with car stereo, i was wondering if it would be possible to switch the faceplate on a pioneer unit without changing the entire radio, to another pioneer, but a different brand style? the screen has been acting up, not showing anything, shows up as static sometimes. i dont know if its the entire radio or just the screen.

one more question, if i have to change the entire radio, how does the trim come off the center? does it just pull off?
Old 03-18-2010, 07:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke Em
im kind of a noob with car stereo, i was wondering if it would be possible to switch the faceplate on a pioneer unit without changing the entire radio, to another pioneer, but a different brand style? the screen has been acting up, not showing anything, shows up as static sometimes. i dont know if its the entire radio or just the screen.

one more question, if i have to change the entire radio, how does the trim come off the center? does it just pull off?
I seriously doubt you would be albe to go to a different model radio face as pretty much every model out there interfaces with the face a little differently. As to replacement, you can find them on ebay but in most cases it is just cheaper and more economic to buy/upgrade to a new HU all together. For the bezel trim, it pulls straight out and has 4 pin/clips that hold it in (one on each corner). Just be real gentle as those things can get brittle with old age in our cars. Good luck.