Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Any good shops around LA area or close?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any good shops around LA area or close?

Im having some problems with my car, yesterday i drove my car constantly for about 6-7 hours (Cruising from hollywodd to neptunes and back in traffic) with about an hour's rest in between. When i was on my way back I got a quick run (30-100) with a ferrari F430. I then noticed a ticking or clicking sound and the smell of burnt clutch coming from under the car. It will go away sometimes but then comes back and just today the car has been acting weird. I was driving and all of a sudden the car starts to die out as if it were out of gas (but it wasnt), the second time it did it i was getting on the on ramp and it completely killed itself forcing me to pull over. If anyone knows what this could be or any shops i can take it to so it can be checked out let me know please.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Im having some problems with my car, yesterday i drove my car constantly for about 6-7 hours (Cruising from hollywodd to neptunes and back in traffic) with about an hour's rest in between. When i was on my way back I got a quick run (30-100) with a ferrari F430. I then noticed a ticking or clicking sound and the smell of burnt clutch coming from under the car. It will go away sometimes but then comes back and just today the car has been acting weird. I was driving and all of a sudden the car starts to die out as if it were out of gas (but it wasnt), the second time it did it i was getting on the on ramp and it completely killed itself forcing me to pull over. If anyone knows what this could be or any shops i can take it to so it can be checked out let me know please.
Any codes?
I would try to test the fuel pressure when the symptoms are occuring.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 AM
On The Tree

PM me for a shop in El Sereno (North LA)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:38 PM
TECH Addict

Or support a forum sponsor and give Ryne at CMS a call: (951) 471-2898. He is very fare on pricing and always tries to work with you

they're busy at the shop, so if you get no answer just leave a message and they'll get back to you
Old 03-19-2010, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Strictly Performance Motorsports in Reseda, their number is 818 262 7409
Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
Or support a forum sponsor and give Ryne at CMS a call: (951) 471-2898. He is very fare on pricing and always tries to work with you
Oh I apologize. I was actually trying to help him by providing him with information for a shop that is approximately 6 mi. away from him, instead of 69 mi. that I feel also does good work. Not everyone wants to drive or tow their car as far as Lake Elsinore.

I read his question, and actually tried to answer it. I'm such a dick huh? Anyway, hope I can help with a SHOP AROUND THE LA AREA OR CLOSE.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:35 PM
FormerVendor

Depending on how far you are, let me know if we can help.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 93Z28rare
Oh I apologize. I was actually trying to help him by providing him with information for a shop that is approximately 6 mi. away from him, instead of 69 mi. that I feel also does good work. Not everyone wants to drive or tow their car as far as Lake Elsinore.

I read his question, and actually tried to answer it. I'm such a dick huh? Anyway, hope I can help with a SHOP AROUND THE LA AREA OR CLOSE.
Umm. Okay? I recommended CMS because it's one of the best SoCal shops. I live in NorCal and take my cars to Ryne...a bit more then 69 miles. But okay, get bent out of shape by my post that had nothing to do with you and was actually meant to help the OP
Old 03-20-2010, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TireSm0ke
Check out Strictly Performance Motorsports in Reseda, their number is 818 262 7409
great idea if you want to get your car out of the shop missing items, busted body work, and bad overall mechanical work.

And no, I'm not saying this because I'm a CMS customer, I'm saying this because I know 2 different people that were screwed over/ripped off by that shop (owner)...let alone the group of "unhappy customers" that are in a law suit with him (or were, maybe it's done now) over the **** work that was done at that shop. I still can't believe how the owner is still allowed to "own" a shop
Old 03-20-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

If you want your car to end up in pieces, this is the way to go!
Old 03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

great idea if you want to get your car out of the shop missing items, busted body work, and bad overall mechanical work.

And no, I'm not saying this because I'm a CMS customer, I'm saying this because I know 2 different people that were screwed over/ripped off by that shop (owner)...let alone the group of "unhappy customers" that are in a law suit with him (or were, maybe it's done now) over the **** work that was done at that shop. I still can't believe how the owner is still allowed to "own" a shop
Have you ever even stepped into that shop? I love how you all talk like you know wsup, that unhappy customer decided not to pay for the ******* work and got their car back exactly how they brought it in. I love how everyone jumps up on the hype and thinks they know the whole story because their friends friends dogs uncle knew someone... Step in there, see the work they do, and judge for yourself
Old 03-20-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Have you ever even stepped into that shop? I love how you all talk like you know wsup, that unhappy customer decided not to pay for the ******* work and got their car back exactly how they brought it in. I love how everyone jumps up on the hype and thinks they know the whole story because their friends friends dogs uncle knew someone... Step in there, see the work they do, and judge for yourself
Umm, no.Don't know who you're thinking of, but my friends were both paid up with the shop, and considering what they got back...over-paid since they got the car back with less then what it went in with..including a stolen NW 90mm TB among other items. Can you explain how the car mysteriously received body work damage while just "sitting" in the shop? Ya, didn't think so..

And no thank you. I don't need to "step in there to see the work for myself". I've seen what's come OUT of there myself and you can't pay me to take one of my cars there. Hell, I don't know you and I wouldn't take your car there.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

Umm. Okay? I recommended CMS because it's one of the best SoCal shops. I live in NorCal and take my cars to Ryne...a bit more then 69 miles. But okay, get bent out of shape by my post that had nothing to do with you and was actually meant to help the OP
There are other shops that do great work as well. Just because they are not a sponsor, does not mean their work is not good. Once again, not everyone wants to drive or transport a car 69 miles or more. If you did, that's great. By reading the original post, it seems he wanted something close by in the LA area.

I personally can't say CMS is one of the best SoCal shops, but from reputation on this forum, sounds like he at least does good work as well. I'm not going to knock that shop, but I have found a good shop near me in the LA area as well, and just thought to recommend it. It's not a unknown shop, at least to some other performance shops and tuners. If you reveal the shop name and the person behind the shop, they know who he is and what he can do. I just can't reveal it here, because he's not a sponsor.

Remember everyone, there are other shops that do great work, have great customer service, and at a fair price. Especially for those in the LA area, there is at least one in the area. All you have to do is ask. Being a member here, and the shop being a sponsor does not mean you are tied to that shop and can't go, or research another place.

As for you SIK02SS, your initial response sounded as if were directed toward me because I was trying to recommend a shop that was not a sponsor. If you meant nothing by it, then so be it. Just like you though, I was trying to help out the OP. In my case though, I actually can come up with an answer that follows his question. Just trying to help, not start E-fights.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Been there when Rob was still in Van Nuys. I know he got convicted of Insurance Fraud and running a chop shop. I had first hand experience with the 2 year ordeal that my friend went through in getting his car back from that hell hole.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Z28rare
There are other shops that do great work as well. Just because they are not a sponsor, does not mean their work is not good. Once again, not everyone wants to drive or transport a car 69 miles or more. If you did, that's great. By reading the original post, it seems he wanted something close by in the LA area.

I personally can't say CMS is one of the best SoCal shops, but from reputation on this forum, sounds like he at least does good work as well. I'm not going to knock that shop, but I have found a good shop near me in the LA area as well, and just thought to recommend it. It's not a unknown shop, at least to some other performance shops and tuners. If you reveal the shop name and the person behind the shop, they know who he is and what he can do. I just can't reveal it here, because he's not a sponsor.

Remember everyone, there are other shops that do great work, have great customer service, and at a fair price. Especially for those in the LA area, there is at least one in the area. All you have to do is ask. Being a member here, and the shop being a sponsor does not mean you are tied to that shop and can't go, or research another place.

As for you SIK02SS, your initial response sounded as if were directed toward me because I was trying to recommend a shop that was not a sponsor. If you meant nothing by it, then so be it. Just like you though, I was trying to help out the OP. In my case though, I actually can come up with an answer that follows his question. Just trying to help, not start E-fights.

I agree and that shop you speek of does very good work, I know first hand. That guy has been messing with late model cars since TPI's were the hottest thing out there. Its just that regular service on regular vehicles is what pays the bills for him and word of mouth on the performance side seems to bring a decent amount of buisness as it is. Performance modding is almost like his hobby and he does great work at a good price too. Great guy on a personal level too. Ive seen this shop do everything from C6Z06's, C5's, 3rd and 4th gen Camaros, old school hot rods, exotic imports, turbos, mustangs new and old... I mean they do it all. Deffinately worth checking out if youre looking for a tuner or shop in the LA area.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Launching!

I can't tell you where to go but I can tell you where not to go:

Old 03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FBDYLVR
Been there when Rob was still in Van Nuys. I know he got convicted of Insurance Fraud and running a chop shop. I had first hand experience with the 2 year ordeal that my friend went through in getting his car back from that hell hole.

AND it was dinged up pretty good too.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:33 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol you guys crack me up............ if you want to take it to a shop with some of the most experience with "lsx" engines take it us, or Charlie at RPM motors......... i have seen work from all the shops listed here , i mean even the "unnamed" one, your better off doing it yourself...... i could careless if this person actually comes to me, i am just stating my honest opinion based from my experience.....

Last edited by Ryne @ CMS; 03-20-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:53 PM
Teching In

I drive about 80 miles to take my car to CMS. I can highly recommend them from personal experience.

Did you at least smoke the F430?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Launching!

give cms a call (about 100 miles from me). been to strictly (7 miles or so) and all i will say is it worth going to cms.

Quick Reply: Any good shops around LA area or close?