Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with tune please

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with tune please

Ok, to start off my 98 formula is HP tuned. My mods are listed in my signature. The problems been going on for a few years now. I get about 10 mpg, it seems to accelerate its self from a stand still it will literally accelerate slowly all the way up to 25 to 30 mph without me touching the accelerator. Sometimes the car will run the way I want it to but it seems i have to turn my car on and off a few times. The car also will stall itself out even though its an automatic when putting it in reverse or drive. It seems I have to let it warm up for awhile even in summer. My friend has a 99 tans am and he did the tune for me and he seems somewhat knowledgeable because his car runs fine with a tune. He thinks its because my stall converter and gears are not installed yet which are in my signature. Hopefully there is someone in Ohio I can go see.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Any information and suggestions will do fellas.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

ttt....
Old 03-19-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

The only way the stock stall would cause problems is if he raised the idle in gear to keep it from dieing to make up for stall. But your cam does not seem large enough to cause you the symptoms you are describing. Does it idle very high in park then drop down once in drive? if so then this is why you are getting the acceleration affect, But it does seem like your tune is possibly off too..
Old 03-19-2010, 03:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I talked to a few people they think that I need to put my 3500 stall in.... they think since the stock stall is in it is making it accelerate by itself.