Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fuel filter location

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel filter location

I'm sure this has been asked before but couldn't find a thread on it. Where is the fuel filter located on the 2004 CTS-V? And does it require any special tools?
Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not really a special tool, but you need the quick disconnect fuel line tool...can't remember which size. It's on the pass side frame rail towards the back.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

figured id change mine out since the V was on jackstands this weekend for inspection of bolts and mounts.. this is literally a 20 min swap if you have the tool to release the small lines from the filter.
I did not, and fought them for a while, including trying to snip them off with a cutter. BAD idea. for one, you aint snipping them. this little effort flattened the line that the tool goes around to slip off the fitting. by now i had purchaset the tool. 2 of them, metal which i bent, plastic which i ruined as well. this cost me 2x as much as the filter lol.
nightfall arrived a couple hours later. had to get it dne since it was raining all the next day. finally got the second fitting off but not without messing up a couple of the metal fingers that hold the female side onto the line. its snug now but part of me worries about a small drip leak?.... oh well..

car drives a bit better. it was just a precautionary service move since i had 50k but i did notice that i dont have to push down on he gas pedal as much for light acceleration at speed.. has been wet out so i have not tested the fuel delivery at WOT
Old 03-22-2010, 05:33 PM
TECH Addict

Could have used a cut off wheel? lol At least it wouldn't be flat lmao
Old 09-30-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
finally got the second fitting off but not without messing up a couple of the metal fingers that hold the female side onto the line. its snug now but part of me worries about a small drip leak?.... oh well..

the other day I had fatty on the lift and noticed the area around the fuel line connection was gummy and smelled of fuel... like it was leaking..

totally forgot about this incident.. found the post on a google search.

LOL/FML/V
Old 09-30-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

oh thank god this was a joke thread revival. especially since it is such a stupid thread.

Quick Reply: Fuel filter location