Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What do I do...

Please ..its either nobody knows..

or..

Nobody wants to help..

My cars has been down for 3 weeks..goin on 4 and I have gotten nowhere.
Brand new Adjustible Master/2nd BRand new Slave

Dropped trans 4 times. Bleed with mity vac today until no more air bubbles..1hr. The clutch feels exactly how it did before this whole bs happened. I even hear my pressure plate, and assembly squeeze together, as my peddle feels hard and normal, no more air coming from mity vac.

Start car...push clutch...FKN NOTHING STILL..

Its like hitting a wall it feels like....but when i go to put it in 2nd in goes in then grinds really hard and pops out..........is that normal? all this with the clutch pushed to the floor. But its like nothing changes when im not touching the clutch..same symptoms. WTF IS WRONG HERE!

I have the Ram Dual Disk 10.5 clutch kit. Flywheel, 2 disks, and pressure plate. When i tore it part and saw my flywheel, 4 bolts were hand loose, 1 bolt was so loose it was rubbing the back plate rivets on the disk. It wasnt to bad. Less them 6 months on it. Do i really need to replace it again?

What would cause me to not be able to put the car in gear, REALLY..im left with thinking that something totally different, something in the trans is not allowing me to put it in gear or something is misaligned or something..because i checked and rechecked, tore down, and made sure everything was on right and still mechanically functional.

Im about to get a monster kit stg 3 or something. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
I dont seem to be the only one with this issue on this forum.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Adjust the Master.

For Bleeding, get a Speed Bleeder next time, that will help alot.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:31 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lazyboi808
Please ..its either nobody knows..

or..

Nobody wants to help..

My cars has been down for 3 weeks..goin on 4 and I have gotten nowhere.
Brand new Adjustible Master/2nd BRand new Slave

Dropped trans 4 times. Bleed with mity vac today until no more air bubbles..1hr. The clutch feels exactly how it did before this whole bs happened. I even hear my pressure plate, and assembly squeeze together, as my peddle feels hard and normal, no more air coming from mity vac.

Start car...push clutch...FKN NOTHING STILL..

Its like hitting a wall it feels like....but when i go to put it in 2nd in goes in then grinds really hard and pops out..........is that normal? all this with the clutch pushed to the floor. But its like nothing changes when im not touching the clutch..same symptoms. WTF IS WRONG HERE!

I have the Ram Dual Disk 10.5 clutch kit. Flywheel, 2 disks, and pressure plate. When i tore it part and saw my flywheel, 4 bolts were hand loose, 1 bolt was so loose it was rubbing the back plate rivets on the disk. It wasnt to bad. Less them 6 months on it. Do i really need to replace it again?

What would cause me to not be able to put the car in gear, REALLY..im left with thinking that something totally different, something in the trans is not allowing me to put it in gear or something is misaligned or something..because i checked and rechecked, tore down, and made sure everything was on right and still mechanically functional.

Im about to get a monster kit stg 3 or something. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT.
I dont seem to be the only one with this issue on this forum.
Dont get another clutch until you figure out why you cant make the one you have work, it will just be wasted money.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Staging Lane

Master is adjusted..........

Thanks for the input...not goin to buy clutch. So what do I do...............
Old 03-20-2010, 05:30 AM
11 Second Club

Is it adjusted properly?

Not tryin to sound like and ******* but are you sure that everything is where it's supposed to be? I have stock Hydraulics and everything for me is fine.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Lol. I understand. But seriuosly yes. My master is correct and adjusted properly. What could be in the trans to prevent me to go into gear while running? Nothing? Should I just focus on clutch. And hydrolics? What is my problem!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol. I understand. But seriuosly yes. My master is correct and adjusted properly. What could be in the trans to prevent me to go into gear while running? Nothing? Should I just focus on clutch. And hydrolics? What is my problem!
bleed bleed bleed, it took me about 3 hours with the mityvac until my car quit grinding.

what i do is get the mityvac, put it in the clutch resivore, and pump it to between 15-17" vacuum, any more will ruin the master.

i usually leave it there for about 45 minutes, then start to pump the clutch pedal very slowly a few times, and take the mityvac out and do it all over again 3-5 times.

if that doesnt work, the only thing i can think of is there is something wrong with the pilot bushing/bearing and it is causing your input shaft to spin
Old 03-20-2010, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

UPDATE.!

So I bleed for like 20 min or so with the mity vac, and intantly saw tons of bubbles coming up...small, to big. I had a buddy pump a few times...and we tried.

Now my car will, will alot of force, go into 1,3,4,5,6, Reverse..but no 2nd..it slides in but grinds almost instantly. When the cars off, i can put it in all my gears with ease. I can start my car in 2nd gear..drive and shift to 3rd or 1st...any gear. but while my car is running it will not go into 2nd.

All the gears are real notchy, and reverse and 1st is really hard...and when I push in the clutch at idle force it in 1st the car slowly moves forward with the clutch in..same with reverse or any gear.

Im finally getting progress from some help on here with the use of the mity vac and tons of research. If anyone has any other ideas please...CHIME IN....what should i do ? keep bleeding? take to trans shop or try checking my synchros? Thanks guys.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

UPDATE.!

So I bleed for like 20 min or so with the mity vac, and intantly saw tons of bubbles coming up...small, to big. I had a buddy pump a few times...and we tried.

Now my car will, will alot of force, go into 1,3,4,5,6, Reverse..but no 2nd..it slides in but grinds almost instantly. When the cars off, i can put it in all my gears with ease. I can start my car in 2nd gear..drive and shift to 3rd or 1st...any gear. but while my car is running it will not go into 2nd.

All the gears are real notchy, and reverse and 1st is really hard...and when I push in the clutch at idle force it in 1st the car slowly moves forward with the clutch in..same with reverse or any gear.

Im finally getting progress from some help on here with the use of the mity vac and tons of research. If anyone has any other ideas please...CHIME IN....what should i do ? keep bleeding? take to trans shop or try checking my synchros? Thanks guys.
im not sure if you saw my post, but keep bleeding, you will eventually get there

good luck!
Old 03-21-2010, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

I'm goin to bleed like 6hrs tomarrow lol hopefully it gets better. Wish me luck lol. I'm prolly goin to seafom my car too since its been sitting.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm goin to bleed like 6hrs tomarrow lol hopefully it gets better. Wish me luck lol. I'm prolly goin to seafom my car too since its been sitting.
i wouldnt seafoam, unless you regularly do it, i always see people use seafoam when it has never been done and mess up their fuel sending unit, and clog lifters.

i always tell people not to use it, then they ask me why their engine is ticking and tell me they used seafoam
Old 03-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Staging Lane

Roger. My friend just did his car and swears by it lol. Car does feel slugish though
Old 03-21-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Resident

Take out the master cylinder and bench bleed that damn thing! Its obvious that the clutch isnt fully releasing if you start to roll when you try to put it in gear with the clutch pressed. Dont drive the car until you get this worked out because Im sure your wearing out the friction cones pretty quick.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:18 AM
11 Second Club

Speed Bleeder.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:21 AM
Staging Lane

Yea ima bleed it in the mourning. I'm not driving it. It hurts but I'm bitting my teeth not driving my beast. Just jonen. Hope u guys can understand. Lol
Old 03-21-2010, 07:19 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jmd
Did you shim the slave so that it had the right air-gap to the PP fingers? Didn't see that in your other thread.

Bleeding never takes hours. If you have a GM master and slave in and barely crack the slave (so that it's not dripping but pushing the pedal pushes fluid out,) then put a 90deg spark plug boot on it, and route a house to put the the fluid up to the reservoir, that will get rid of the air and bleed it after 5 minutes of pedal pushing, guaranteed.
I don't recall (in your multiple threads...) if you addressed the shim or if you tried this bleeding method.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Teching In

I had the same problems with the ram twin with the ram aluminum flywheel in my 2000 firehawk , it worked great for about 1800 miles then it started rolling with the clutch pushed in , it got so bad i had to turn the car off to get it in reverse ! i adjusted my master , bled everything and nothing would fix it .... i pulled the trans and both the clutch disc were gone , totally wore out ??? I was very dissapointed that 1300 dollars lasted only 1800 miles and it was set up right and worked great but for a very short time..... i changed everything over to the LS7 stuff and love it !
Old 03-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Launching!

lazy,, as you may recall i was having the same problem. this weekend i took everything apart and everything looked fine....apon further inspection the inside of the slave(where the input shaft goes) had some wear, looked as if the slave was pitched to one side. Assuming that was the problem i went to my local parts store to buy a slave. i opened the box to inspect the slave and it wasnt the same as the one that came out?????? when i compressed them they were the same but the new one was about an 1/8 taller free standing. put it all back together and it seemd to work fine but i did notice there is a little play at the top of the pedal...but it works....
Old 03-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I just been bleeding the **** outa my car with mity vac. It now goes into all gears. 2nd grinds and its hard for it to go into reverse. So I think bleeding should help me If not I'm goin to go kill a kitten