General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Window Dropping

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Dropping

You know when your rolling down your windows and it gets about 2/3s of the way down then it drops kinda hard. Catches and finishes rolling on down?

Yep.. I seen on here a member who had someone make him a set of plates to go inbetween the door panel and the door. to hold the motors inplace so that this wouldnt happen. But does anyone else have any info? My window motors have fallen so far that its leaving gaps between my seals and my glass. Heavy rains and I get flooded. Sometimes washing I will get a little wet seat.

Aside from buying new doors is there anything I can do? I dont have access to any metal to make a panel or anything like that. aside from NOT rolling my windows down what can be done?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:22 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
You know when your rolling down your windows and it gets about 2/3s of the way down then it drops kinda hard. Catches and finishes rolling on down?
When this happens, do you see the regulator rivets/bolts move? If not, then you may have another issue besides the holes getting torn up.

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
Yep.. I seen on here a member who had someone make him a set of plates to go inbetween the door panel and the door. to hold the motors inplace so that this wouldnt happen. But does anyone else have any info? My window motors have fallen so far that its leaving gaps between my seals and my glass. Heavy rains and I get flooded. Sometimes washing I will get a little wet seat.

Aside from buying new doors is there anything I can do? I dont have access to any metal to make a panel or anything like that. aside from NOT rolling my windows down what can be done?
That's it. Once you get your doors torn up, you either need to replace them or repair them. Looking at repairs, I think the metal plate fix is the best way to go. If you don't have the gear to make your own plates, any mechanical shop that does windows or welding should be able to make one for you at a reasonable price. Just take them the post with pictures and they should be able to duplicate the fix.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
When this happens, do you see the regulator rivets/bolts move? If not, then you may have another issue besides the holes getting torn up.

That's it. Once you get your doors torn up, you either need to replace them or repair them. Looking at repairs, I think the metal plate fix is the best way to go. If you don't have the gear to make your own plates, any mechanical shop that does windows or welding should be able to make one for you at a reasonable price. Just take them the post with pictures and they should be able to duplicate the fix.
I see.. Thanks for the advice.