General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Ignition problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition problem!!!!

2001 Camaro SS. One side of ignition dont work...Got new ignition coils, spark plug wires, and plugs. dont know if its da module or dont even if it has one or dont know if it might be da ecu? ANY IDEAS? NEED HELP!!! OR IF ANYONE HAD DA SAME PROBLEMS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WUT U DID TO FIX IT? dont want to spend more money on replace parts that i dont need to replace...
Old 03-24-2010, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the connector at the center of the coil pack rail that all of that side bank get ran to. Should be a wide white connector with the blue plastic pull pin on it. The problem should be from there back because the coilpacks don't go bad on one bank like that. Check the pins and they look fine then it will be down the line most likely. I would have to look at my diagrams to see exactly where the wires feed to.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

you will need a pin out and diagnostic trouble shooting table to fix this most likely. Also a good meter to check voltages and possibly a graphing multimeter to check wave patterns (i dont know if this would be necessary or not).

P.S. This isn't a text message. Its "the" not "da". there is a keyboard in front of you, so use it. It also makes it a lot easier for all of us to read your post.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Teching In

i think i might know the proble but not sure. i found burnt wires on the
passenger side of my headers. dont know if one of those wires have anything to do with the ignition system because its the driver side of the ignition system that dont work, not the passenger side. i was thinking maybe its a ground wire but not sure where its located at and not sure if its one of the burnt wires. all i know is dat some of those burnt wires connect to the starter and O2 sensor.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You crank position sensor sits just behind the starter also which could be in those wires but wouldn't understand why half your motor would crank from that though. Hopefully those aren't burnt up too. That would be bad.