Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting Pacesetter Race LT's

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting Pacesetter Race LT's

I have a 98 Z28 and i'm planning on getting the race version of the Pacestter LT's and an TSP ORY. However, i know it is more complicated then just taking the manifolds off and putting the headers in. I know not to use the crap gaskets, i know to get the o2 extensions and a tune. I also know about the AIR and how to remove it (nice writeup on here) My problem is...When i get the Race version of the Pacesetter LT's, will I have to buy any of the block off plates? In the writeup about the EGR and AIR it said Race version headers don't need the block off plates. Is there a writeup on removing the EGR anywhere? Also, is there anything else i should do as well?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Wouldn't hurt to change the plugs, or at least check them while they are out. Also I would get some performance plug wires and put heat sink around them, but that's just a precautionary measure. Just my .02.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Race headers dont require the block off plates. The egr is pretty easy. just take it off the passenger side manifold and then I think there are 3 bolts for the main egr part connected to the passenger head. then take out the EGR tube off the intake. You will need the blockoff plate for the intake unless you have or are planing to purchase the LS6 intake. Also like he said plugs and wires are always a good thing to change out while youre messin around in there.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

It wouldnt hurt just getting rid of the EGR and smog pump.it looks so clean without it! i agree with lambert you need to get a LS6 intake or block off the LS1 intake.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Launching!

I'm definitely getting rid of both the EGR and the AIR. Thanks for the input on the plugs and wires. I have MSD wires and TR-55 or something like that plugs, but idk how long ago they were changed, so i'll do that while i'm in there. So i will need NO block plated for any of the AIR connections i'd be taking off? All i would need is the block of plate for the intake manifold? If so, where would i get one?
Old 03-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Default Pacesetter LTs

I have a '99 Z28 and I have already bought my Pacesetter LTs and a LS6 manifold. Im getting ready to put them on and if anyone knows where I can find detailed instuctions on how to put the headers on that would be great. I have looked and only found instructions on how to put on the LS6 manifold. I just dont want to mess something up. Thanks
Old 03-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Teching In

oops i also forgot to mention how to get rid of the gay AIR and EGR. That **** is history
Old 03-24-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

you can get a plate from the ws6 store for the intake if you want.. ws6store.com otherwise im sure other stores have them.

The pacesetters are like any other header really. Just look up header install. Take out spark plugs, some people take off the steering shaft and some other accessories. You will need to jack it up pretty high for the driver side. The drivers header has to be almost vertical to get it in there.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Teching In

Ive got access to a lift so thats what I will be using and im not blocking anything off. Its all going bye bye. The manifold and headers a race in design no hook ups for AIR or EGR