Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

HR 2009 Cadillac CTS-V pulley install/headers/tune x 2!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HR 2009 Cadillac CTS-V pulley install/headers/tune x 2!!

Within the last 2 weeks we have worked on 2 different 2009 A6 CTS-V's. These cars are a definately a sweet setup. Both of these cars came to us completely bone stock. The first one we installed a Lingenfelter pulley swap with their intake tube which still uses the stock air box. We installed a K&N filter at the same time. The car dynoed 466 rwhp 463 rwtq bone stock. Here are the results from this car, along with a few build pictures:

Completed after install and engine covers reinstalled.

On the dyno for tuning.

Supercharger pulley pinned. Lingenfelter wanted us to just brad over the end of the hole so the pin could not come out. We decided to make it look a bit nicer, so we drilled and tapped the pulley so that we could install a small set screw.

After install, before engine covers.

All completed, ready to go!

The second one that we did included the same mods above, but with the addition of Kooks full exhaust. This car was similar to the first as far as stock numbers goes. It started with 460 rwhp and 461 rwtq.

With the addition of the Longtubes and full exhaust, this car made about 1.5 pounds less boost than the other.

Here are a few pictures of its install along with a dyno graph:

Top of supercharger removed for Snout Pulley install.

Front snout removed.

Front snout removed from blower, before pulley swap.

This is where the rattle comes from on these new V's. The spring in the supercharger shaft coupler wears into the shaft. This one has worn pretty good. We replaced the sprung coupler with a solid one from Lingenfelter.

Kooks Tips look great!

Headers installed!

Kooks Rear section.

Here is a quick video while we were tuning on the dyno just for sound of the Kooks exhaust!

http://www.youtube.com/user/HeintzRa.../5/RJr1o_euQPg

Thanks for checking it out!

Zach
Old 03-23-2010, 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

That's simply fantastic... do you think that this is the airflow limit on the factory SC? I don't know a dang thing about them.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
That's simply fantastic... do you think that this is the airflow limit on the factory SC? I don't know a dang thing about them.
I feel like it could benefit from a few more pounds of boost. The car that we added headers on already has maxxed out the stock injectors. I feel like that would be the next step before any more mods.

Zach
Old 03-24-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Great news to see this info & pics on this forum. Not that many '09 & + CTS-V's on board here. I felt like a fish out of the water. Thanks for posting up. Are these both autos and how much boost did you guys get with and without headers? Thanks for sharing the info. I am building and / or compiling a data sheet on word for all bone stock '09 & + CTS-V's from whatever sources that I can get data from. Any objection if is use the #'s from these 2?
Old 03-24-2010, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Great news to see this info & pics on this forum. Not that many '09 & + CTS-V's on board here. I felt like a fish out of the water. Thanks for posting up. Are these both autos and how much boost did you guys get with and without headers? Thanks for sharing the info. I am building and / or compiling a data sheet on word for all bone stock '09 & + CTS-V's from whatever sources that I can get data from. Any objection if is use the #'s from these 2?
No objection to that what so ever. The car with headers made a little over 10lbs and the one without made about 11.3lbs or so. We were converting the readings off of the MAP sensor. If you need any help with yours or are needing any parts, be sure to give us a call!

Thanks!

Zach
Old 03-24-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks, Zach. Are those both autos?
Old 03-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Thanks, Zach. Are those both autos?
Yes, both A6's.

Zach
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
11 Second Club

I am thinking of trading my 09 ZO6 for a 2010 CTS-V, are these car fast enough to satisfy my need for speed?
How much for a pully change and tune?
Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by David Gordon
I am thinking of trading my 09 ZO6 for a 2010 CTS-V, are these car fast enough to satisfy my need for speed?
How much for a pully change and tune?
I believe that this is a great "all around" car. It will not handle as good as your Z, or probably outrun it on the top end, but it has plenty of power, looks great, and handles great for how heavy the car is.

With us supplying all the parts necessary for the swap (pulley kit, filter, pin blower, etc), labor and tune, it will run $1999.95 out the door

Zach

Quick Reply: HR 2009 Cadillac CTS-V pulley install/headers/tune x 2!!