Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

am i going to low for the wheel tire combo i want to get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool am i going to low for the wheel tire combo i want to get?

hi all, i am thinking about getting the eibach sportline 1.8" drop springs for my 95 z28, i also wanted to get 18"x10.5 rear and 18"x9.5" c5 zo6 wheels, my question is: if i lower the car that much will the 18"x10.5" wheels be to large or not, thanks have a great day
Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to look into sportlines and see if you still want them
Old 03-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Teching In

I have a set of eibach pro kit springs for a 2000 t/a if you are interested i will sell for $175
Old 03-28-2010, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

I had that set up 18x10.5 nitto 285/40r18 with eibach sportlines and if I had anyone in the back seat that weighed more than 100 lbs I would hear the tire's sidewall being gouged out on certain bumps in the road. That was before I rolled the wheel well lips. The rear was centered with the adjustable panhard the eibachs lower the car too much and they have a soft spring rate.

If you plan on putting some power down put in the effort to get the biggest tire in there possible, you'll need all the traction you can get.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

The Eibach Sportlines are not really a choice most end up being happy with. The tires might fit but it would be very close and the springrates are waaaayyyyyyy too low for how low the car sits, as was stated above by the former sportline owner. to be honest I do not know why Eibach still makes them. It is probably one of the most flawed kids they make for anything. IMO it should really either be corrected to a linear rate spring with a high enough rate (which actually might end up overspringing the car with the rates you'd have to have in order to not hit the bump stops) or discontinued. The 4th gen F-body design isn't really too conducive to the slammed look. I really wish it was because I actually like that look to a degree, but its just not. you can go really low in the front, granted I still wouldn't go super low in the front, but the back probably shouldn't go more than about 1.5" or so lower than stock.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6r
You might want to look into sportlines and see if you still want them
Originally Posted by nighthawk15
The tires might fit but it would be very close and the springrates are waaaayyyyyyy too low for how low the car sits, as was stated above by the former sportline owner. to be honest I do not know why Eibach still makes them. It is probably one of the most flawed kids they make for anything.
just so everyone knows the sportlines actually have a different (and much better) rate for 98-02 cars than they did for the 93-97's. you'll still be losing a lot of travel but final rates of 589 and 206 they're actually semi-reasonable.

rates are 314-589/51-206
Old 03-29-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
just so everyone knows the sportlines actually have a different (and much better) rate for 98-02 cars than they did for the 93-97's. you'll still be losing a lot of travel but final rates of 589 and 206 they're actually semi-reasonable.

rates are 314-589/51-206
Yeah I saw that in the other thread! I'd still be a bit wary of them, but that's a definite improvement!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Actually that would depend on what size tire you would use on the 10.5" wheel. I have LS1 Sportlines and a 19x10 wheel with a 305/30 tire on the rear and no rubbing issues whatsoever. Instead of rolling the fender lip I took it a step further(since I already had a grinder in my hand grinding the calipers for the 15x10 prostar) and cut off the fender lip. My car is not a daily driver and I'm not into road derbies or whatever they're called so I went with the Sportlines cuz I love the slammed look it gives my car with my 18/19staggered wheel combo. When you lower a car as low as our stock fbodies you have to be willing to adjust your style of driving like crossing intersection dips more carefully no matter if its a minimal drop so I said the hell with it! I'm into drag racing and the sportlines didn't affect my 60ft times at all, still got the same results as well. Its just they're not so popular here at all! My rear suspension is all adjustable so that helped. Oh and I never carry more than one passenger in my car that's why I have the family pickup. My TA is strictly for cruising and drag racing.

I think that 10.5 wheel would be fine with a 305 after rolling the fender lip and BFH mod.

Quick Reply: am i going to low for the wheel tire combo i want to get?