Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Spare Tire Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Spare Tire Kit

Hey guys I was woundering where I can get a trunk tub, cts jack, and lug wrench for my spare tire kit besides a junk yard. I have the spare rim and tire just need the other stuff. Thanks

Robert
Old 03-25-2010, 12:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6_V-POWER
Hey guys I was woundering where I can get a trunk tub, cts jack, and lug wrench for my spare tire kit besides a junk yard. I have the spare rim and tire just need the other stuff. Thanks

Robert
Trunk tub? It should already have that built into the car.. just get a 4way wrench and a small air jack... that's what I got and it works just fine...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:59 AM
TECH Addict

You didn't buy a 06 platinum V with the trunk tub cut out did you?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

u have to take the tub out of the car to fit the spare tire(or nitrous bottle) lol, lug wrench and small jack from any auto parts store.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 AM

I have already took the trunk tub out and the spare is in its place. I was going to duplicate this http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/spare/index.html without having to buy it from the dealer. I guess I could do what you guys have done but I want to get a cts jack since our cars already have cut outs for the jack. I should of put jack container instead of trunk tub lol to specify what I was looking for. But thanks for all the input.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
You didn't buy a 06 platinum V with the trunk tub cut out did you?
No I have a 2005 model. I noticed you have a magna flow exhaust. How do you like it? I would like to make mine louder but not annoying when cruising on the highway. Or do you think doing the muffler delete would sound ok?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

muffler delete FTW
Old 03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

No I have a 2005 model. I noticed you have a magna flow exhaust. How do you like it? I would like to make mine louder but not annoying when cruising on the highway. Or do you think doing the muffler delete would sound ok?
I love it but sometimes I wish it was louder... I may gut my cats also... anyone have any idea of the power gains I could get from doing that?
Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Call Geoff Green. He hooked me up with mine when I got my spare rim/tire. He will be able to get you the tub, jack, and handle that fits inside the rim. You will have to buy some type of 4 way jack. The stock GM swing handle does not fit the stock size lug-nuts. Unless someone educates me otherwise.

Spauldings Used Parts
(509) 924-3300

Last edited by white2001formula; 03-25-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added information
Old 03-25-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I love it but sometimes I wish it was louder... I may gut my cats also... anyone have any idea of the power gains I could get from doing that?
About 1hp lol, not worth the trouble IMO unless you go forced induction.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

muffler delete will drone on the hwy, youd have to stay in 5th to stay away from it, or at least 80 mph in 6th. I did it last year about this time, loved it over the summer, the sound is awesome from 2500 to redline. my avg mpgs went to sh*t. I had to have them put back in when it got too cold to leave the windows down.

Its not "horrible", and you can tune it out with the radio...but its there.

phase 2 is headers, and cutouts...everything else stock. remove/replace more stock components if I want it louder.. I do like the ability to "cruise" caddy style on the highway and this was almost the only reason I put them back in...and I wanted a more refined tone at low rpms.

oh and someone told me they liked my "cherry poppers" at work.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Cadzilla
muffler delete will drone on the hwy, youd have to stay in 5th to stay away from it, or at least 80 mph in 6th. I did it last year about this time, loved it over the summer, the sound is awesome from 2500 to redline. my avg mpgs went to sh*t. I had to have them put back in when it got too cold to leave the windows down.

Its not "horrible", and you can tune it out with the radio...but its there.

phase 2 is headers, and cutouts...everything else stock. remove/replace more stock components if I want it louder.. I do like the ability to "cruise" caddy style on the highway and this was almost the only reason I put them back in...and I wanted a more refined tone at low rpms.

oh and someone told me they liked my "cherry poppers" at work.
Id have to disagree, the drone is there but its not that bad, My MPG has been the exact same and is now better with a tune. Best sound for the money by far.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by white2001formula
Call Geoff Green. He hooked me up with mine when I got my spare rim/tire. He will be able to get you the tub, jack, and handle that fits inside the rim. You will have to buy some type of 4 way jack. The stock GM swing handle does not fit the stock size lug-nuts. Unless someone educates me otherwise.

Spauldings Used Parts
(509) 924-3300
Cool thanks.
For the muffler delete maybe I might just get electric cut-outs to go from mild to wild. What ever happen to the guy on here that was going to run headers with stock exaust? Did he ever get a sound clip up? I bet that would be perfect for me b/c mine is bone stock besides a short throw shifter.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by white2001formula

Spauldings Used Parts
(509) 924-3300
Call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. He can hook you up with the whole kit at a good price with a lug wrench that fits.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Cool! Will do, all I need is the lug wrench. The one that came as a kit didn't fit. Already have the tub and jack.

Originally Posted by SkullV
Call Luke at Lindsay Cadillac. He can hook you up with the whole kit at a good price with a lug wrench that fits.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Can anyone suggest alternate rims to use as a spare? I don't care what the spare looks like, just that it is works, and is fairly cheap and light.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

stock rim or mille miglia aftermarket rims that were popular a few years back. they are cheap if you can find them. they are on this car.

http://www.vseries.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1078

Quick Reply: CTS-V Spare Tire Kit