Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

63impala Drive shaft/yoke Question, ls2 swap

Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 63impala Drive shaft/yoke Question, ls2 swap

I have my ls2/4l60 trans sitting in my frame I have the yoke & center bearing installed in the trans. The drive shaft is sitting in the center of the X frame with good clearance, My problem is the yoke not a 100% straight with the drive shaft. The yoke is slightly going upward into the trans, would that be a problem? If I lift the trans up more the my drive shaft will be real close to the top of the frame. has anyone had this problem?
Old 03-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Teching In

You need to check the angle of your trans if it is off too much then, yes it can be a problem.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:03 AM
Staging Lane

Well the way that it sits as of now the drive shaft is center inside the frame tunnel, but the yoke is slighly cocked up into the trans, Now when I jack the trans up and get it straight the top of the drive shaft is less than a inch from the top of the frame tunnel. what you think about that?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Teching In

I am not sure. What motor mounts do you have? Do some research on the tranny angle. I have seen some #'s out there, but cannot remember what they need to be. Remember that the motor mounts change the angle and height accordingly so it could boil down to having mounts that wont work? I havent actually done this swap yet, but have done a little research off and on.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Well great new I called S&P and told them my current stage and how my drive shaft looked and he told me i had it right. So i asked are you sure its not straight. He told me that there should me a slight bend and that it has something to do with the way the u joint moves. He said when it is straight the u jont dont moves like they should and they wear out
Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Did you use s&p mounts and f body pan what headers
Old 03-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Staging Lane

I used the mount and got there oil pan which was a F body pan, and I havent got to the headers yets. as of now the the stock manifolds are off which you have to take them off the get all the motor mounts plates bolted to the block

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 63impala Drive shaft/yoke Question, ls2 swap