Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone On Here Being Sponsored To Run A Class?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone On Here Being Sponsored To Run A Class?

Not sure if this is the right section....but I'm curious to see if anyone here has any companies backing them in their respected class? On of my friend who is starting to run NMRA is being backed by a few companies including Comp...just wanna know if this is a common thing or if others here have been doing it for years.....

-Dave
Old 03-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Restricted User

Really? No input at all?
Old 03-27-2010, 11:14 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Try the Drag Racing Tech Forum....there are many racers on here with sponsorship.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Getting someone to give you money for racing is probably the hardest part.
It takes a lot to get a nickle out of these companies. That's why if you would ask every racer
where the money comes from, most will say their pocket. Most local guys I know with sponsors are business owners.
They write a business check to themselves. There are plenty of guys with a partial product deal.
They get some kind of coupon, for products or a discount to run with a sticker.

If your buddy got a true sponsorship, good for him. The little product deal wasn't worth my time or effort.
I do not have any stickers, or contingencies on any of my cars.
I would rather not have all that crap on my cars, and pay for everything myself.

Now I would love to have a real full sponsor. Now that I'm retired, I have plenty of time to take the cars to shows,
store openings, whatever functions they require. It's just not that easy, or everyone would have a full sponsor.
Especially now a days, it's damn near impossible.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by mrdragster1970

Getting someone to give you money for racing is probably the hardest part.
It takes a lot to get a nickle out of these companies. That's why if you would ask every racer
where the money comes from, most will say their pocket. Most local guys I know with sponsors are business owners.
They write a business check to themselves. There are plenty of guys with a partial product deal.
They get some kind of coupon, for products or a discount to run with a sticker.

If your buddy got a true sponsorship, good for him. The little product deal wasn't worth my time or effort.
I do not have any stickers, or contingencies on any of my cars.
I would rather not have all that crap on my cars, and pay for everything myself.

Now I would love to have a real full sponsor. Now that I'm retired, I have plenty of time to take the cars to shows,
store openings, whatever functions they require. It's just not that easy, or everyone would have a full sponsor.
Especially now a days, it's damn near impossible.

Thanks for the input....I'm just trying to judge if it's worth trying for...and I don't think he has full sponsorships, but I know he's gotten free stuff from many companies just for having a sticker on his car....which I don't think is all that ridiculous. Being that I would like to run in a few of the GM class at my local track and in the general area....
Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

It's definitely not ridiculous at all. I had business' to run, and wasting a bunch of time
for a $250 coupon wasn't worth it to me. That's just me. I would rather have my cars clean looking.
$50 here, $100 there add's up. I just didn't have the time and did not want all the stickers.
There's nothing wrong with either way. I had money, I did not have time.
Plus unless it's fuel or nitrous, I really don't need any of the parts they usually offer.
My stuff is not really on the shelf kind of parts. Good luck, and keep at it.
Remember a business tip I leaned 25 years ago. It only takes one.
You might have to ask 10, 20, or 50 different places to get one check.
Like I said, it's not easy. Keep at it and before you know it,
you'll get that 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd ect ect check.