Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5.3 Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 5.3 Wiring Question

I'm putting in a 2000 5.3l & 4l60e. I got the whole package from the donor. I'm not using the donors fuse box though.

Not I am pretty good with this stuff and learning as I go. I stripped the harness with the engine & trans sitting on the ground and it came out great except for a couple things.

I've read there is one 12v trans wire that some people forget about. Well I started at the PCM and stripped what I didn't need. I'm almost done but I found something missing.

On the underhood fuseblock C2 I had already cut E2 Pink Fused Ignition 12v - Transmission, PCM. I also found in connector C100 when I got to C pink fused run/crank feed - trans, pcm 10 amp.

What can I do to fix it easily or do I have to tear it all down? Not sure where I messed up but I did somehow.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I followed this guide http://www.lt1swap.com/99-02_vortec_pcm.htm

The I noticed someone said one wire goes into E2 and comes out as F2. I do have everything else as far as the PCM pinout wiring shows but when I look at the connector diagrams on lt1swap I'm gettitng confused with the E2 PCM/Trans & "C" on C100 missing.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

send the guy on that page an e-mail....from what i have heard he is willing to answer questions and would know just what your talking about