Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

EBC Yellowstuff pads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default EBC Yellowstuff pads?

I am having a problem with my drag car. I need to lanch at a higher RPM than the rear brakes will hold.

In the winter its fine, but in the summer the car pushes the front tires thru the beams.

I need a pad that will hold the rear tires from rolling. It needs to work good cold or hot.

I have abs delete with a proportioning valve all the way loose.

I can't go with bigger brakes because I had to grind the caliper to make the 15" wheels fit. It had the same problem before I grinded the calipers so that is not a problem.

I use a line lock for burnouts.

I don't care about dust as long as it will hold the car at the RPM I want to launch at.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I honestly don't think different pads will solve your problem.

So let me get this right...you're overpowering both the front and rear brakes on the line while stalling up the converter???

I see your point, as different types of pads have different friction coefficients and characteristics. However, I don't think the difference will be drastic enough to hold the car if you're already overpowering the brakes.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
I honestly don't think different pads will solve your problem.

So let me get this right...you're overpowering both the front and rear brakes on the line while stalling up the converter???

I see your point, as different types of pads have different friction coefficients and characteristics. However, I don't think the difference will be drastic enough to hold the car if you're already overpowering the brakes.
No I'm overpowering the rear brakes. It is sliding the front tires. It would slide the 275-40-17s and it slides the skinnys.

I really just need it to hold slightly more than it does now. Right now it has Orielys lifetime pads. I only need about 100-200 RPM. Also it does hold at other times. Here is what happens: When the track is not really hot the front tires do not slide. In the heat of the day in summer the front tires will slide. We start the race in daylight and end in the dark. This is only a problem for the first round or so and time trails.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandonppr
No I'm overpowering the rear brakes. It is sliding the front tires. It would slide the 275-40-17s and it slides the skinnys.

I really just need it to hold slightly more than it does now. Right now it has Orielys lifetime pads. I only need about 100-200 RPM. Also it does hold at other times. Here is what happens: When the track is not really hot the front tires do not slide. In the heat of the day in summer the front tires will slide. We start the race in daylight and end in the dark. This is only a problem for the first round or so and time trails.
Some performance pads might help in your situation then. The problem is, most performance pads only increase in friction once they are warmed up...which will not be useful in your case.

I'd go with either Hawk or EBC pads, check out their websites for the specifics on their pads. You'll want to go with a pad that has the highest friction coefficient when cold.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I guess I won't be needing this afterall

I am having issues with launching over 3k and I need to stage at 3300, but the car is only consistant when I launch at 3k. I guess I might try smaller tires to reduce rollout and should take care of my RT problem. I might even be able to launch under 3k then.

Quick Reply: EBC Yellowstuff pads?