What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1991 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Camaro RS

Hi all. I placed this on the classified page about a week ago, but would like your opinions on pricing. It is a 1991 RS. To my knowledge, from the previous owner and carfax reports, it has never been in an accident. I have had the car for about 10 years and, when purchased, drove it daily. When the head gasket on the 305 started to go, I went ahead and ordered a new GM Performance Ramjet 350. Not long afterwards, I had the stock automatic 700R4 rebuilt, rear gears changed from the stock 3:23's to Richmond 3:73's, and the car painted back to it's original Bright Red. Everything on this car has been done right, because I really never had the intention of selling. I put a set of black leather from a later (98 > ) Camaro. I also put new carpet, a B&M Megashifter, new weatherstripping, etc., anything that needed replaced. There are still some finishing touches to complete the interior, but all in all, everything is done. The car is showing 159K miles. The motor currently has 9500 to 10000 miles, the trans and gears about 1500. The car is in immaculate shape. The only reason I'm thinking of selling is that I would like to purchase a new Camaro, or later model Corvette. I have well over $15k in everything, but like many other cars I have had, know that that doesn't really make a difference. All you can get for something is only what another is willing to pay. Please give me feedback and suggestions!
Attached Thumbnails 1991 Camaro RS-dsc03964.jpg   1991 Camaro RS-dsc03965.jpg   1991 Camaro RS-dsc03963.jpg   1991 Camaro RS-dsc03966.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

I saw your classified ad and I believe you have it priced fairly IF the car runs and drives as excellent as you say it does and it doesn't need anything. Selling a 'mongrel' or 're-built' car is never easy and limits your potential buyers, but it sure looks good in the pictures. You must have had a few inquiries. Your buyer will most likely have to fall in love with the '91 body style. I sure like it, as I'm sure others do too. What a great car to drive around in! Patience is the key for you. However, if you want to move quickly to buy your next car you might need to get it down to around $7,000 and be ready to sell at $6,000. Selling it for less than that would be a shame but I'm sure someone would love it and buy it at the lower price. That's up to you. You never recoup what you put in and I see that you are well aware of that. Again, if it needs things or doesn't run right, then this post is meaningless. It would be worth much less. Good luck with the sale!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you very much for your response! After I posted on the classifieds, I realized it would be hard to get the amount I would like. I feel that $7500 is probably a very fair price for this car and would just keep it before I go any less! If I want a new Camaro, I need to sell one toy. It would either have to be this one or my '74 Sunbug.

Quick Reply: 1991 Camaro RS