Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Best Road Race Shock Spring Setup 2002 TA WS6

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Best Road Race Shock Spring Setup 2002 TA WS6

So I was curious what is the best Road Race shock / spring setup? I have a 2002 WS6 TA I would like to keep the stock height of the vehicle however I`m looking for the best shock. Any ideas? Really like QA1 however I`m just not sure which model.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Patsy57
So I was curious what is the best Road Race shock / spring setup? I have a 2002 WS6 TA I would like to keep the stock height of the vehicle however I`m looking for the best shock. Any ideas? Really like QA1 however I`m just not sure which model.
QA1's are some of the worst you could do for a handling application. While they advertise that the can both handle and weight transfer, really they can only weight transfer, which makes for loose, disconnected and floaty handling. Likewise stay away from other drag shocks (and non gas charged shocks) like Afco, Strange, Lakewood, etc.
Now "best" for road racing will depend on the track you are at, and the rest of the car setup. You pretty much can't go wrong with Koni single adjustable shocks, you wont believe you are driving the same car with just these. As far as springs, the best "off the shelf" springs you can go with are Strano's, although they are built more for auto-x (and used to win multiple champion titles along with konis and strano swaybars).
Or you could experiment with different rates and heights for yourself. Im sure Mitch will chime in as well to give good advise as he is a road racer.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea stay away from QA1s for road courses. Been to any events and seen what people are running in the class that suits you?

Quick Reply: Best Road Race Shock Spring Setup 2002 TA WS6