Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to this site from Calgary, AB and man do I have a SN-95 swap ahead of me

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this site from Calgary, AB and man do I have a SN-95 swap ahead of me

Just thought I would introduce myself on this site, as I will be asking alot of questions and spending a good amount of time on here. I Just bought a 1998 Black Mustang GT with a blown 4.6. I also happened to pick up a vortec 5300 complete for $200. (not necasssarily in that order) and I have started my 2010 project. More details to come on that.

I have been a regular on JBO and srtforums, as I have built and turboed 3 cavaliers started with a 2.2 LN2 (sunbird GT turbo), a stock 2.4 LD9 which didn't like 14psi from a super60, then a built LD9 2.4 (t04b) that produced 280whp on a mustang dyno (first trip ever to a dyno, it was exciting), then a 2005 2.2 ecotec that I swapped into my winter beater 2000 Z24 and installed a custom t3/t04E turbocharger at 8psi, and I have my currect summer car which is a 2004 SRT-4 which is fully built and has an AGP 60-1 turbo setup and made 424whp at 28psi and 370whp at 20psi (street tune).

Considering that I live in Calgary, Alberta @ 3800ft, I have admitted to defeat by altitude and have decide to double the cylinders. I Just picked up a LM7 5.3 and a 1998 Black Mustang GT SN-95 combined for under $1700 CND, so the budget racer is coming to life, and it will be awesome!

Some mods that I have in mind for the engine/car setup will be as follows... seeing how far I can take the budget:

-used Z06 cam
-valve springs
-(already own Hptuners Pro) but would consider MegaSquirt as I have used an AEM on my SRT
-TH400 tranny
-not sure about turbo, might get my hands on a gt42 for a good price
-255pump
-and just other odds and ends that come up over time.

I have many questions to ask Speartech, and the guy with the Fairmount swap looks like he has a pretty slick setup, so I guess I'll see where that gets me, cheers,

-Garrett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX0eEfACeHE