Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ran into issues installing LS6 intake lastnight.. Need suggestions*PICS*

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ran into issues installing LS6 intake lastnight.. Need suggestions*PICS*

Lastnight I started to install the LS6 intake.

Everything went good until I came across this....

PCV line was ripped and almost in 2. Had a huge hole in it and then it ripped i on accident when I pulled it a little. It was very brittle. Where can I get a new one?

Then I was putting one of the injectors back in to the fuel rail and I took a chunk out of one of the o-rings that goes in between the injector and fuel rail. Should I get a new one or will it be ok? its not cut all the way through it just a little piece ripped off of it. If I need to get a new one where can I get one?

Next issue was I didn't hear all of the injectors click into the inake but they seem to be in from the looks of it. Are they all suppose to make a noise when they click in?

Also I deleted my AIR/EGR... What do I do with the AIR connections that were plugged into the pump?

Thanks!!!

Some pics!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcalus
Lastnight I started to install the LS6 intake.

Everything went good until I came across this....

PCV line was ripped and almost in 2. Had a huge hole in it and then it ripped i on accident when I pulled it a little. It was very brittle. Where can I get a new one?
That sucks, man. You're probably gonna have to hit up a GM Dealership to get the broken piece of the PCV tubing. Either that or a Junkyard.

Then I was putting one of the injectors back in to the fuel rail and I took a chunk out of one of the o-rings that goes in between the injector and fuel rail. Should I get a new one or will it be ok? its not cut all the way through it just a little piece ripped off of it. If I need to get a new one where can I get one?
If you have a broken (or even slightly broken) Fuel Injector O-Ring, I would definitely replace it. When you're dealing with a flammable, I wouldn't take any chances of having it fail and spray fuel all over the hot engine/engine bay.

Next issue was I didn't hear all of the injectors click into the inake but they seem to be in from the looks of it. Are they all suppose to make a noise when they click in?
I had the same situation when I installed my LS6 Intake. I just pushed them in with some serious elbow-grease and called it good. I've only driven my car once since the install, but everything seems to be fine.

Also I deleted my AIR/EGR... What do I do with the AIR connections that were plugged into the pump?
Do you mean the EGR/A.I.R. flanges on the exhaust manifolds? If so, you'll need to either purchase or fabricate some block-off plates to bolt to each manifold port.

I haven't deleted the A.I.R. System from my Formula yet, but I did ditch the EGR. I had Maintanence Technician at my place of employment fabricate a block-off plate out of a small chunk of steel. Simply traced the outside of the flange on the EGR tube that connects to the manifold, drilled a couple holes and just like that I had my block-off plate. Bolted up to the passenger header perfectly. I plan to do the same when I get to removing the A.I.R. System.

Hope this helps.

Your car looks good, man. Good luck with finishing up your install.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thank you for reply!

As for the air/egr question I am talking about the electrical connections that connect into the air pump. I already fab'ed some block off plates.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for reply!

As for the air/egr question I am talking about the electrical connections that connect into the air pump. I already fab'ed some block off plates.
get some electrical tape and tape them to the wiring harness incase you ever decide to put it back on
Old 03-28-2010, 08:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine did the same thing and I ended up using gas hose and some t fittings to completely redo that back section along with the front. From gm the whole assembly is around 80-100 bucks heres the writeup on the front part http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2252766 for the back like I said some trimming to the existing platic tubbing and subbing that old foam for gas hose and brass fittings worked great.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

My PCV tubing ripped in the exact same spot! I went to GM dealership to get a new one and it came out to be $97.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redbird555
Mine did the same thing and I ended up using gas hose and some t fittings to completely redo that back section along with the front. From gm the whole assembly is around 80-100 bucks heres the writeup on the front part http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2252766 for the back like I said some trimming to the existing platic tubbing and subbing that old foam for gas hose and brass fittings worked great.
Photobucket pictures aren't working.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

this is a little off subject but i was putting my car back together last night as well an i have one plug that i cant seem to find where it goes an there is a good picture of it here. In the 6th picture on this thread of the close up of the PS there is a blue connector that is not plugged in. Can someone please tell me what the hell it goes too? Thanks
Old 03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rileyt
this is a little off subject but i was putting my car back together last night as well an i have one plug that i cant seem to find where it goes an there is a good picture of it here. In the 6th picture on this thread of the close up of the PS there is a blue connector that is not plugged in. Can someone please tell me what the hell it goes too? Thanks
EGR thingy
Old 03-29-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Regular

I would think you could make your own part from Home Depot and you should replace the o ring.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For ripped hose, grab a barbd fitting from lowes $2.00 and two hose clamps.

Injector O ring, any autoparts carry them, believe they come 4 to a pack. $3.00

Fab up block off plates for headers, or visit ws6store, i believe they still sell them.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

also looks like your egr for intake is deleted now, you can buy a egr block off from dealer for that.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
For ripped hose, grab a barbd fitting from lowes $2.00 and two hose clamps.

Injector O ring, any autoparts carry them, believe they come 4 to a pack. $3.00

Fab up block off plates for headers, or visit ws6store, i believe they still sell them.
I ended up replacing the o ring. As for the ripped hose can I just put a new hose in its place? Are you saying I should just connect it together? Just trying to picture what you are saying. Also, i made some block off plates.

Originally Posted by 05 GSXR 1XXX
also looks like your egr for intake is deleted now, you can buy a egr block off from dealer for that.
I have a LS6 intake, I dont need a block off plate do i?

I
Old 04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Teching In

Thank you for reply!

I just tied mine in a knot around the brace by the fusebox.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by heartless_T/A99
My PCV tubing ripped in the exact same spot! I went to GM dealership to get a new one and it came out to be $97.
thats nonsense. you know all the nipples on the PCV system are 3/8 (ish) right? save the "y" block and buy a few 3/8 plastic nipples and some 3/8 fuel line and make your own PCV lines. cost me 15 bucks, with the most expensive being the fuel line. the only reason i used fuel line is because autozone doesnt like to stock vacuum line.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:28 AM
TECH Addict

Just to add make sure you use gaskets with the block-off plates.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

just go to the parts store, get about 4' of rubber fuel line and put a catch can on it. Same thing happened to my pcv line so thats what i did.Also bought a $2 universal pcv valve from napa.
Old 04-09-2010, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Now, lets say I do make my own, there is a ground wire on the stocker, will I need that for the new one? What about putting little breathers on the valve covers?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

i didnt use the ground.no breathers.pcv system needs to be sealed.do a search and theres a post somewere with tons of graphs on how to lay it out.ill put it into words the best i can

-Leave vacuum line going from throttlebody to front of passenger valve cover.
-cap off rear port on passenger valve cover
-run a line from rear of drivers valve cover to catch can.this is the line in which the pcv valve should be installed
-line from catch can to intake manifold

Rev extreme is probly the best catch can on the market.comes with a pcv valve already installed.Make sure you get a baffled one.

I have a greddy catch can(it was free)and its not baffled and it still catches alot of stuff but it doesnt catch as much as a baffled one would
Old 04-09-2010, 01:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, yes I have seen the catch can layouts. I will probably hold off on a catch can for now since I am just trying to get it running and on the road. I have outter tie rod ends to do, alighnment, rear axle bearing, poly motor mounts, stock trans mount, poly torque arm mount and put the headers on, and figure out what I am going to do to the exhaust. So i have a bit to do yet.

Quick Reply: Ran into issues installing LS6 intake lastnight.. Need suggestions*PICS*