Sponsored by: DashLynx

2000 Buick Century Detail Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 07:02 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arrow 2000 Buick Century Detail Pics inside

Hey everyone,

This is my second car that I have done using a Meguire's system and I am still learning. I hope you enjoy the pics. This is my daily driver and I am quite proud of her. She has 65k on the clock, and decently taken care of, it belonged to a elderly aunt of mine and my idiot cousin was borrowing it before her death and got the gash on the rear quarter and got it keyed. Other then that, its pretty damn good.

Thankfully it is a lighter color and I realized that my 10" orbital is not enough to work out swirls on it's own. I am going to try working it by hand until I can work up to a Porter Cable or GV type buffer which should be this summer. It has swirls, if your looking for swirls. It's very smooth to the touch and sheets water like crazy.

Feel free to comment.

My process was....

Rinse
Wash- Gold Class
Rinse- Used some spray detailer too for luberication
Claybar- Meg's
Rinse- Final
Dry
Swirl X (only worked the hood, gave up until the next car)
#7 Glaze
NXT 2.0
#26 Hi Tech
Ult. Quick Detailer- Next Day

Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, very underated car for how good they are
Old 03-29-2010, 10:46 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by black_sheep454
Looks good, very underated car for how good they are
Thanks!

Yea, we got it for 1,500$ as my father in law did some favors and it was def a steal. We would like to get something similar for my wife and get her out of her damn HHR. I loved it as I had a older compact import but since getting the Buick, we rack the Miles on that.

It seats 6 if needed, 5 with ease, and 4 very comfortibly. It has the 3.0 which does well for it self and I get decent MPG.

Really no complaints over all.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From experience the swirl x from megs isnt very good or it wasnt a few years ago when I tried it out. I tried it by hand and by an orbital. Just a big waste of time.

The car looks good though. Might wanna put on some tire shine or clean that area up some.

You did a good job overall just if you really want to knock out swirls you should look at a little better product and a PC or something stronger to help knock them out with.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:53 AM
Internet Mechanic

Originally Posted by Screamin_99
From experience the swirl x from megs isnt very good or it wasnt a few years ago when I tried it out. I tried it by hand and by an orbital. Just a big waste of time.

The car looks good though. Might wanna put on some tire shine or clean that area up some.

You did a good job overall just if you really want to knock out swirls you should look at a little better product and a PC or something stronger to help knock them out with.
Swirl X has been revised to a 2.0 Formula. I know its on Meguire's website but I'll have to link the post later. Based on what Pictures I have seen, it works great. But like said I need to try a better machine before moving up in cutting power of the product.

Yea, I forgot the tire shine, eek. After 6 hours I was glad to be done lol.

Thanks for the feedback!