Cadillac CTS-V - Header guys... stud kit??

View Full Version : Header guys... stud kit??

SoJersey05V
03-29-2010, 09:54 AM
Just pulling trigger on headers, and I want to know pros and cons on doing an ARP stud kit. Is it worth it? Easier install? Pain in the ass? Not worth the money?

Thanks....

P.s. do kooks come with new bolts if I don't get the stud kit?

Thanks again.

tweeter81
03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Just pulling trigger on headers, and I want to know pros and cons on doing an ARP stud kit. Is it worth it? Easier install? Pain in the ass? Not worth the money?

Thanks....

P.s. do kooks come with new bolts if I don't get the stud kit?

Thanks again.

I don't believe the Kooks come with new bolts, but it has been 4 years since mine were new, so I might be remembering incorrectly.

I went with the ARP header stud kit and my shop said that really helped them and you can't go wrong with ARP stuff, even though it's expensive. It is cheap insurance, IMO.

punishmentcycle
03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
the pro to using a header stud is u can hang the header off the stud from underneath..get a nut or 2 started and then you can go top side and get the rest in..with out them its a bit more of a PITA.. plus they look better (not like ur really gonna see em) and they are a better material

cons.. $pricey!

Scoggin Dickey
03-29-2010, 10:34 AM
I like the studs alot. They are helpful, and they look killer. Any kooks I have done come with new bolts, but I have not done a CTS-V lately

shadyLS6
03-29-2010, 11:01 AM
so is this a generic kit or do you have to get a specific pt# for the LS6 or LS2?

Scoggin Dickey
03-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Any LS engine will use this one:
http://sdparts.com/details/arp-automotive-racing-products/arp434-1301

SoJersey05V
03-29-2010, 11:14 AM
so is this a generic kit or do you have to get a specific pt# for the LS6 or LS2?

Part number for ls1/ls6 is 434-1301.

Anybody know of cheapest place to get these $90+ stainless studs?

itsslow98
03-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Did you wind up ordering from one of the vendors I PM'ed you about?

SoJersey05V
03-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Sure did man couldn't pass it up! Did you order too?

Did you wind up ordering from one of the vendors I PM'ed you about?

Scoggin Dickey
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM
You could have passed it up if you had shown me someone else's prices beating ours ;) I will almost always win that game

punishmentcycle
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
You could have passed it up if you had shown me someone else's prices beating ours ;) I will almost always win that game

ok well im putting my headers and mounts in this saturday and was gonna go pick up studs my self.. i need em by friday..how much?

SoJersey05V
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM

Well I didn't know all that....lol

What's price on stud kit for my v?... shipped to 08302

Big Bu Bu
03-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't believe the Kooks come with new bolts, but it has been 4 years since mine were new, so I might be remembering incorrectly.

I went with the ARP header stud kit and my shop said that really helped them and you can't go wrong with ARP stuff, even though it's expensive. It is cheap insurance, IMO.

My Kooks install was a disaster. The flanges were warped. They leaked like a seive and messed up my tune. I had them milled flat and went with ARP. They're fine now. Check your Kooks first. Then get ARP. Like Tweet says, good insurance.

itsslow98
03-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Sure did man couldn't pass it up! Did you order too?

Probably order tonight, glad I could help someone out, PM me who you went with and what they gave them to you for.

thebigjimsho
03-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I would always recommend the ARP studs. Makes reinstall a breeze...