What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Wrecked 2000 Z28: Sell or part out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Wrecked 2000 Z28: Sell or part out?

I've got a Z28 that, because of certain circumatances of the crash, the roof had to be cut off. Just wondering what I could get out of it, here's some details:

60,XXX miles on it and drivetrain is fully intact

Mods listed in Sig survived crash and are installed.

Black VSR 18" wheels wrapped in Sumitomo 275/40/18 HTRZ III with no more than 500 miles on them. Also has a good rearend and drilled and slotted rotors all the way around.

All body panels below the roof from the doors back are intact.

Interior is pretty much trashed, the air bags deployed, and it has frame damage.

You guys think I could get more selling or parting it out?
Old 03-29-2010, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parting it out for sure. You could probably get ~3k or so for the car where as if the LS1 and Trans are still good with those miles you could get 3k for just those.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I agree. The car is worth next to nothing 'as is' but the parts you have are endless, especially the decent mileage on the drivetrain. Yes, it takes a lot of time shipping and parting it out so now is it worth it to YOU to do all this for maybe an extra few grand or whatever the final amount might be?? Try to do your homework first so you don't get stuck half way through the parting out process, then deciding it wasn't worth it.