User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

AHH, ls1tech keeps freezing my computer!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation AHH, ls1tech keeps freezing my computer!

This is so strange. Ever since the last software upgrade, when trying to load a thread my computer will completely lock up (cant even get to the windows task manager). This only happens on certain random threads, for example if I reboot and return to the same thread it will freeze up again. I probably need to keep track of which threads do it so we could see if they all had something in common- I do know the most recent one that did it was the last page of the Tbryne giveaway thread in the sponsors section.

I visit about 12 other forums a day and my computer is fairly new and unmolested (no spyware, adware, etc.), so I have absolutely no idea what could cause this so often!

Thanks
Old 01-04-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Definitely post up which threads do it, and I'll see if I can help you figure out what's triggering it.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:11 PM
Adkoonerstrator

I had a problem like this a long time ago. The computer would freeze up and open a bunch of IE windows. I would just have to reboot it to get it working again. I finally uninstalled IE, tightened up the firewall and rechecked for spyware stuff. That seemed to take care of the problem but, just the other night I had something very similiar happen again. I tracked it down to have something to do with mywebsearch.com. Evidently it's like spyware, adware and I really don't know how it got on my computer. I downloaded a program called CWShredder.exe which is supposed to get rid of the problem. It seems to have worked for now. You can find the program for free by doing a little Yahoo/Google search.

When this was happening to me it seemed only certain threads on this site would do it to my computer also.
Old 01-05-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brains
Definitely post up which threads do it, and I'll see if I can help you figure out what's triggering it.

Here are the ones that did it today. I went to them again just now and they didnt freeze. This is weird
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/126168-adrs-headlight-mod-clears-new-fogs.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125640
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...&goto=lastpost

Quick Reply: AHH, ls1tech keeps freezing my computer!